advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

Congratulations to Forest. I don’t think either team played that well, we never really got going. Russell should have been on from the start.

Probably should have had two penalties, can’t believe VAR didn’t even look at the 2nd one. Forest will find it very tough in the EPL, hopefully they’ll do OK, ideally at the expense of Leeds;)

I am not really that disappointed.

Congrats to Forest! The team we all hated in the late 70s. Looking forward to getting 6 points off them next season.

Congrats to Forest! The team we all hated in the late 70s. Looking forward to getting 6 points off them next season.
Please dont purport to speak for football fans everywhere by using the word "all" as Cloughs Forrest played good attacking football and weren't particularly nasty on the field. One of my old neighbours had refereed in the then First Division and said they were easily the best team to officiate.

Quite a lot of outrage from our fans, financially a very important game & key decisions should be correct. First experience of VAR & not a good one.

John Moss lives in Holme Firth, he may not have the comfortable retirement he was expecting.

Has there ever been any hate for Forest? Outside of local rivalries I think it.

Please dont purport to speak for football fans everywhere by using the word "all" as Cloughs Forrest played good attacking football and weren't particularly nasty on the field. One of my old neighbours had refereed in the then First Division and said they were easily the best team to officiate.
I meant my class at school. When we were 8-11 years old.

Quite a lot of outrage from our fans, financially a very important game & key decisions should be correct. First experience of VAR & not a good one.

John Moss lives in Holme Firth, he may not have the comfortable retirement he was expecting.

Has there ever been any hate for Forest? Outside of local rivalries I think it.
They were the Man U of the late 70s. Loads of people hate Man U. Less now, I guess!

I remember that well as Brian Clough instructed his team to always respect the referee. They were a team that was loved in my house.

I remember disliking Liverpool as a boy, mainly because they were so successful & the press adulation was grating. Ironically Liverpool fans started to get a taste of how this felt more recently but they never mention it;)

Some stats...

The other night:

Possession
Liverpool 54%
Real Madrid 46%

Shots on target
Liverpool 9
Real Madrid 2

CL final 2019:

Possession
Liverpool 35%
Tottenham 65%

Shots on target
Liverpool 3
Tottenham 8

Ah, ok. I’ve been on holiday until yesterday and haven’t followed the mumblings of scousers and man city followers lately so I must have missed the point.

There's a best club side ever poll running on the Beeb at the moment. Opportunity for Liverpool, Celtic and United fans to vote. No option for City fans (apart from "other").

Best club is a pretty pointless exercise devoid of context. I do think City at their best have been the greatest domestic team I’ve seen.

If clubs were allowed to play in Europe during the 80s the picture could have been completely different?

^ Yep, agreed it’s pointless but it’s designed to keep kids interested and clicking away. Seems to work.

Best club is a pretty pointless exercise devoid of context. I do think City at their best have been the greatest domestic team I’ve seen.
Agree it’s pointless but would argue that Utd under SAF were superior, perhaps LFC under Dalglish late 80’s and Klopp a couple of years back were as good if not better …. Should have set a ridiculous points record but switched off with 5/6 games to play?

advertisement

Back