advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

I have little sympathy, sorry, really pleased that no one was hurt but none of this would have happened without fake ticket holders trying to game the system. This is not unique to Liverpool but endemic in the grand tradition of British fans abroad.

Out of interest did the RM fans adopt similar behaviours?
https://twitter.com/FFLose/status/1530657070638309377 Videos of ticketless Madrid fans being let in by friendly turnstile staff.

Rooting for Huddersfield. Been away quite a few times to Forest and it’s always been quite an unpleasant experience outside and sometimes inside the ground.

Rooting for Huddersfield. Been away quite a few times to Forest and it’s always been quite an unpleasant experience outside and sometimes inside the ground.

They used to have delicious hot dogs on the away end though (that would be 30 years ago). My favourite away ends were Highbury and Maine Road

I know nothing about either team. But given the punch-up started by Forest fans at KingsX I saw when we passed through, and their poor behaviour in the pub - they look trouble to me. Rhe Huddersfield in the same pub, were friendly and chatty.

Were the crowd kettled in the same way at the Real Madrid end?
Were the local thugs lined up to create havoc in the same way at the RM end?

Read the media reports and check out some of the videos posted.

It's an important question - if the real tickets were duff then they would have been universal at both ends. If uefa isn't bullshitting then they must produce the pile of forgeries.

As I said above, after last year at Wembley, I think uefa expected trouble. We have the disgrace of playing to an empty stadium and that's entirely deserved.

Liverpool never compensated the clubs who missed out on Europe as a result of their ban either, which is why I have no time for them.

It’s really not difficult to stop unofficial ticket sales.
You seem very quick to blame the fans like all the other fckwits who have blamed the 96.
You should be ashamed.
This has nothing to do with ‘the 96’. Its the fckwits who travel without tickets & then buy fake ones that are a contributory factor. I am very glad no one was hurt.

Oh well, we do make things difficult for ourselves. Forest have been the better team but we have looked threatening on the break. A bit disappointed that Lewis O’Brien hasn’t been given a bit more protection, Forest players taking turns on him.

Klopp didn't help matters by encouraging ticketless fans to travel, and british fans are well know for 'jibbing', gaining entry to a match without a ticket. If access is gained by many with fake tickets, then other genuine fans will suffer holding genuine tickets, and being denied entry once the full attendance is met.

Congratulations, Forest, but more importantly congratulations to Steve Cooper, he's done an amazing job since taking over. Commiserations to Huddersfield, you've kept me entertained most Friday evenings this season.

Congratulations to Forest. I don’t think either team played that well, we never really got going. Russell should have been on from the start.

Probably should have had two penalties, can’t believe VAR didn’t even look at the 2nd one. Forest will find it very tough in the EPL, hopefully they’ll do OK, ideally at the expense of Leeds;)

I am not really that disappointed.

well, just seen the highlights, and forest have won, it looked pretty even, as i said in previous post's the fans really deserve it, come on you Reds,

there will be no bugger at work tomorrow, in notts, :eek:

advertisement

Back