advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone hear Jose’s post match interview with BBC 5 Live? Some serious deflection going and with Jose you can’t always say he’s doing it to protect the team as he’s thrown individual players under the bus in the past too.

Can’t help but think he’s had his time as a top coach.

So nine matches played and not a single drawn game so far. Pressure is all on Chelsea now at Brightonto get a result to match their huge spending this summer! And to keep pace with Arsenal ;)

Did anyone hear Jose’s post match interview with BBC 5 Live? Some serious deflection going and with Jose you can’t always say he’s doing it to protect the team as he’s thrown individual players under the bus in the past too.

Can’t help but think he’s had his time as a top coach.
That happened some time ago.

I didn't watch the Chelsea match, but saw the highlights. At least they won. Pulisic didn't play because he continues to recover from a hamstring injury.

Kepa ... well Kepa is still faffing around. Phil McNulty, the chief football correspondent of the BBC, writes about it here Brighton 1-3 Chelsea: Timo Werner impresses but Chelsea must resolve Kepa issue https://goaldunce

The Reece James goal was a classic.

Jack

I didn't watch the Chelsea match
It was a decent match and Brighton will play worse than that in some matches and still pick up points.
Alonso was pants and James was shaky defending but his goal was an absolute stunner.
Both Christensen and Zouma had decent games the latter especially so - RLC was shocking and was lucky to start the 2nd half.
Werner looks an absolute gem and Kanté looked back to his old self.
Next up the dippers - what could possibly go wrong?;)

PS Kepa was Kepa.:(

It was a decent match and Brighton will play worse than that in some matches and still pick up points.
Alonso was pants and James was shaky defending but his goal was an absolute stunner.
Both Christensen and Zouma had decent games the latter especially so - RLC was shocking and was lucky to start the 2nd half.

If Chelsea beat Liverpool we'll be in with a chance.

Jack

Well James' goal was a stunner, if that had been the winner I would have accepted that it was worthy of winning any game. Yes I think it did knock us back.

Personally any points gained against the top 3 or 4 teams are essentially bonus points.

Potterball continues despite the pass that lead to the penalty. I'd hate to go back to Hughton's style of defending for 70 minutes hoping to be level then trying to attack for the last 20 minutes to try and win it.

This season's team is much younger than last season. White and Lamptey looked pretty solid on the right despite only having about 10 premier league games between them.

RLC?

Tip: You’re not supposed to refer to the bit in bold here. Not too long ago someone was banned for it, I believe.

RLC?

Tip: You’re not supposed to refer to the bit in bold here. Not too long ago someone was banned for it, I believe.

Not true Brian. I’ve removed people from the thread temporarily for excessively foul mouthed postings, and also one poster has been banned for making disgusting postings about Munich. When people complain, I review each post in context and also in terms of the history of the poster. For instance when it comes to football the Chelsea contingent obviously haven’t the same intellect as most posters, so I make allowances...:p:cool:

Not true Brian. I’ve removed people from the thread temporarily for excessively foul mouthed postings, and also one poster has been banned for making disgusting postings about Munich. When people complain, I review each post in context and also in terms of the history of the poster. For instance when it comes to football the Chelsea contingent obviously haven’t the same intellect as most posters, so I make allowances...:p:cool:
Ok.

This was what I recalled, a misunderstanding on my part.

pfm from 2019

Out of interest, when you say ‘history of the poster’ do you mean when the subject is football, or do you carry things over from other threads. For example, might a tory fanboy be given less slack than other people? Or might someone suspected of having voted leave in a recent referendum be more liable for a football thread ban, for instance? :)

Reactions: bob
It’s not cumulative @Brian, but just occasionally some people seem to become unnecessarily unpleasant, or it’s not really banter. Sometimes the terraces aren’t particularly pleasant places. When that spills over here if it’s the first time they’ve done it it’ll probably get deleted. If it’s a pattern, I or another mod will hoof them off the thread for a period. If as one poster did post unpleasant things, then they object to being banned from the thread so violently they sent abusive messages to me, then objected so much to their subsequent months ban that they left me abusive messages on Facebook, well a permanent ban doesn’t seem too unreasonable to me.

I can’t remember why the poster you linked to was banned from the thread. I work, I have a life. It was some time ago. However no-one gets banned for raising a complaint, unless they do so repeatedly with malicious intent. In fact I have banned from the thread on multiple occasions followers of the same team as I. Now if you don’t like the efforts that are made to keep this thread open, we’ll close it and ban the subject.

Hope that’s clear enough and binary enough for you.

It’s not cumulative @Brian, but just occasionally some people seem to become unnecessarily unpleasant, or it’s not really banter. Sometimes the terraces aren’t particularly pleasant places. When that spills over here if it’s the first time they’ve done it it’ll probably get deleted. If it’s a pattern, I or another mod will hoof them off the thread for a period. If as one poster did post unpleasant things, then they object to being banned from the thread so violently they sent abusive messages to me, then objected so much to their subsequent months ban that they left me abusive messages on Facebook, well a permanent ban doesn’t seem too unreasonable to me.

I can’t remember why the poster you linked to was banned from the thread. I work, I have a life. It was some time ago. However no-one gets banned for raising a complaint, unless they do so repeatedly with malicious intent. In fact I have banned from the thread on multiple occasions followers of the same team as I. Now if you don’t like the efforts that are made to keep this thread open, we’ll close it and ban the subject.

Hope that’s clear enough and binary enough for you.
Bloody hell! I wasn’t complaining, man.

I gave a friendly nudge to another member that he might be in trouble for using a term I genuinely thought was not accepted here. Turns out I misunderstood an earlier comment, which I admitted to and posted a link to the comment so you wouldn’t think I just made it up.

I’m not complaining about anything, least of all your efforts and those of others to keep the thread open.

Completely uncalled for last couple of sentences in your post, so probably best I don’t ask you anything, or exchange any kind of comment with you in future.

Ps Amazing first paragraph, that someone would stalk you like that, I’m in total sympathy with you on that bit but the rest is just weird, though sends a clear message.

Thanks anyway.

Thing is @Brian we get grief whether we do or don’t! It wasn’t intended to cause offence, but if you go digging back nearly two years to find someone complaining about how I moderated what is intended to be a relatively laid- back thread on a hi-fi forum and then put that together with the first paragraph perhaps you can understand where I’m coming from!
No offence meant, and if I caused it I apologise. I try to keep this thread on the rails but it isn’t easy. It’s also exceedingly irritating when people accuse me of being biased, if anything I’m harder on fans of my team.

Thing is @Brian we get grief whether we do or don’t! It wasn’t intended to cause offence, but if you go digging back nearly two years to find someone complaining about how I moderated what is intended to be a relatively laid- back thread on a hi-fi forum and then put that together with the first paragraph perhaps you can understand where I’m coming from!
No offence meant, and if I caused it I apologise. I try to keep this thread on the rails but it isn’t easy. It’s also exceedingly irritating when people accuse me of being biased, if anything I’m harder on fans of my team.
Thanks.

I don’t know what went on 2 years ago, I had a lengthy spell of being unable to look at pfm so maybe I missed it. Anyway, I’m not aware of seeing much comment about the moderation of the forum generally, but what I have seen in 17 years has been more positive than negative and nothing about you specifically other than that single post from 2019, which I misunderstood. I never saw the post the member was questioning.

I just wish I hadn’t highlighted the ‘dipper’ word. Sorry for it all.

Anyway, back on track. 37 points from safety for my lot.

Last edited:
Macclesfield Town have just been wound up in the high court.
I can remember them in Div 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back