Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Bob McC, Apr 14, 2021.

1. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Aye, he conned the ref from what I saw on my TV, indicating a serious injury to stop play

2. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I've just had to pick myself up off the floor having collapsed with laughter after reading that comment coming from a Liverpool fan - a team that has some of the worst cheats football has ever witnessed - people in glass houses...................;)

martin dawson and ks.234 like this.
  3. tqineil

I’ve clearly hit a sensitive spot, I’m Tranmere Rovers fan btw

4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

5. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Sorry but you don't get to play that card.
    You're all over this thread like a bad rash when Liverpool are doing well and when they're not you're incessantly whinging about all the injuries they've got.
    Go back through your posts - at times it's worse than embarrassing!
    I don't doubt you're a Tranmere fan but you mention them once in a blue moon.

murray johnson likes this.
  6. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

My condolences

7. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

... and I’m a Fulham fan when Chelsea are shit...

8. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I alternate between Woking & Troyes.:)

ks.234 likes this.
  9. tqineil

They don’t make too many headlines in fairness.
    Sure Salah and others fall over easily, as many other teams forwards do - an embarrassing part of the modern game it seems?

if you don’t think the reaction/screaming and hand in the air was OTT then fair enough.... even the BT commentators chuckled when he sprinted back onto the pitch

10. tqineil

seen them beat Chelsea plenty of times over the years

11. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

OK, I’ll watch it back, when was it exactly?

12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Really? When was the last time?

13. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

The last match I attended at Chelsea was against Bayern in the Ist leg of the last 16 (CL) last season.
    They tonked us 3 nil and it could have been double that - on the night they were absolutely breathtaking and produced some of the best football I've ever witnessed.
    They were, without doubt, the outstanding team in Europe last season and I'm not sure many (if any) City fans who post on here would have been confident of beating them.
    City's moment was Saturday night and for a variety of reasons they just didn't perform - their time will come in the next couple of years.

Rack Kit likes this.
  14. tqineil

Final 10 mins plus injury time I’m guessing

15. tqineil

Oct 1991 - League Cup (Aldridge/Dennis Wise era)

edit: can’t believe that was 30 years ago

16. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Worth also mentioning that any time lost due to a bit of gamesmanship was more than compensated for by a massive 7 minutes that was added on.
    Not Chelsea's fault if City & in particular Kyle Walker wasted all that time by employing Wimbledon style long throw tactics - they could and should have just carried on trying to play football.

17. tqineil

7 mins seemed a lot - how long was the stoppage for KDB/Rudiger coming together?

18. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, aware of that, when we’re the other times?

19. tqineil

20. AnilS

AnilS pfm Member

Allow me to correct ALL thread contributors.

Listen very carefully.

Tend only to watch EPL, but 95% of players fall over, far too easily, some like they've been shot by a sniper. If they don't get the decision, their powers of recovery are amazing.
    If you could bottle that, you'd a rich.:rolleyes:

In Europe, it's 100% of falling over. Don't even get me started on them, gesturing to the ref to award a card. :mad:

Chelsea boss had done his homework and the Chelsea players stuck to the plan, with some notable and excellent performances, as mentioned.

I think if/when the fans are allowed back, I'm hoping for a close run title race. :D

martin dawson, webster and ks.234 like this.