advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Not a good weekend for Chelsea (men or women). Maybe ditch the yellow? Congrats to Leicester - and nice to see the owner on the pitch hugging players and the manager, and lifting the cup.

Chelsea for the CL, United for the EL, England for the EC. And kudos to Allison.

Not a good weekend for Chelsea (men or women). Maybe ditch the yellow? Congrats to Leicester - and nice to see the owner on the pitch hugging players and the manager, and lifting the cup.

City for the CL, Villarreal for the EL, England for the EC. And kudos to Allison.

@Kirk Fixed that for you. ;)

Chelsea looked unbalanced in the FACup Final. We've had a false 9 for some time, but we seemed to have a false 4 in a 3 at the back. Wondering what team Tuchel will put out tomorrow night?

Chelsea looked unbalanced in the FACup Final. We've had a false 9 for some time, but we seemed to have a false 4 in a 3 at the back. Wondering what team Tuchel will put out tomorrow night?
I think you'll see Kovacic start tomorrow night with Jorginho making way, hopefully Zouma making up a proper back three along with Rudi & Silva, James & Chilwell as wing backs and Havertz, Werner & Mount up front. Mendy in goal of course.
Not particularly impressed with Ziyech or Hudson Odoi just now - Tammy surely deserves a place on the bench?

I think you'll see Kovacic start tomorrow night with Jorginho making way, hopefully Zouma making up a proper back three along with Rudi & Silva, James & Chilwell as wing backs and Havertz, Werner & Mount up front. Mendy in goal of course.
Not particularly impressed with Ziyech or Hudson Odoi just now - Tammy surely deserves a place on the bench?
Yes, but what do you do about Vardy? Put James on him again making a back 4?

Is it a must win game, or a must not lose?

Chelsea....

Zouma can handle Vardy - famous last words.:D

I'd say it's a must win game - I don't expect jammy Liverpool to drop another point so it's between us and Leicester for the final place.

We certainly don't want to be relying on flaky Spurs to do us any favours when they play Leicester on the final day.

If he comes to Chelsea we'll have a good crack at ruining him - we're good at that.:)
If Kane comes to Chelsea the songs alone will make it worthwhile. The chant about Willian was very good, but the one about Kane would be great.

I can't see him joining a rival London club, Liverpool don't have the money (or Champions League at the mo), City won't want to break the wage structure plus I'd rather see Haaland there if possible over Keane who has had a few injury problems. Not even sure if Man Utd will pay the sums Levy will want which I've heard is around £150m. That's a hideous amount if true, especially during this pandemic.

I'll be surprised if we see any silly money transfers at all this summer.

I can't see him joining a rival London club, Liverpool don't have the money (or Champions League at the mo), City won't want to break the wage structure plus I'd rather see Haaland there if possible over Keane who has had a few injury problems. Not even sure if Man Utd will pay the sums Levy will want which I've heard is around £150m. That's a hideous amount if true, especially during this pandemic.

I'll be surprised if we see any silly money transfers at all this summer.
I just don’t like Kane. Don’t know why, just don’t like him. Might be his haircut. Still haven’t got over the arrival of Chilwell’s hair, so another super slick haircut in the team will send me over the edge and I’ll have to give up supporting football altogether, and become a Spurs fan

advertisement

Back