advertisement

All in one cheapo

technarchy

pfm Member
Hi, my mums all in one onkyo has given up the ghost after 15 years and needs a cheapo system to replace. She had wharfedale diamonds and stands so just something with Bluetooth,dab and 2 inputs for sky and dvd/cd player. I’ve seen richest have a Yamaha 202 receiver with new wharfedales for £300 but wondered if there were any mini systems that were a bargain? Cheaper and very easy to use the better.
Many thanks

Another Denon vote. it's a silver 6" cube, I have one. The volume knob gets glitchy after a while, I believe this is death once it can no longer be lived with. Mine does this occasionally, you end up twiddling the knob back and forth until it decides to play at about the right level, then you leave it alone.

Denon have been making what would have been called music centres, 30+ years ago, for ages. They are all excellent - have a hunt around, see what fits the bill best.

I was going to suggest the Denon DM41 too, although that Yamaha/Wharfedale package seems like a good deal too. I don’t think you’d go wrong with either so I’d just ask your mother what she prefers. The Denon has the advantage of being compact and having a competent CDP built in.

Just to update, I went for the Yamaha package. Being delivered tomorrow. Seemed like the best deal and she gets better speakers in the deal. Thanks for the advice though

advertisement

Back