advertisement

All 92 Diamond-Certified Albums Ranked from Worst to Best

I make that about 32 excellent albums and most of the rest complete shite! Garth Brooks? Celine Dion? Adele? Shania Twain? Whitney Houston? It reads like a catalogue of cruel and unusual punishment!

Bear in mind this is US sales, so it will be quite different from the equivalent for UK sales.

I have two of those, Beastie Boys' Licensed To Ill and Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. I can honestly say out of the remaining 90 I'd probably want only another four or five at most.

How about acts you've never heard of? Matchbox20 and Jewel for me.

Last edited:
Five. It was six, but I got shot of one of them a few weeks back. Rumours I got for free from a co-worker who was ditching all her LPs for CDs.

17 for me, I think. I’ve owned a few more over the years, but that’s what remains. That is almost certainly my lowest score in any of these ‘top’ lists.

17 for me, I think. I’ve owned a few more over the years, but that’s what remains. That is almost certainly my lowest score in any of these ‘top’ lists.
And my score should really only be two (LZII and Rumours), because three of the albums (Sgt Pepper, the White Album and Abbey Road) actually belong to Mrs H.

advertisement

Back