advertisement

Aldi bandsaw

It's welded and then ground smooth and retempered at the weld point. It's only steel. There's a raeson why steel is used so much in industry, it's a lovely metal to work with.

As for a spindle moulder, I've not had the pleasure. These, bandsaws and circ saws used to have a specific bit of legislation as "dangerous machines". They were permitted because they do a job, but they had complex guarding requirements, isolation from other operatives, nobody using them under 18, and so on. these days the laws are less prescriptive, they say "you will have an appropriate risk assessment and controls" so it's teh factory's problem. God help you if you injure someone and don't have proper controls, the HSE will do you proper. Quite right too.

Many industrial bandsaws came with a blade welder as a part of the machine

s-l1600.jpg

Brilliant video on using the spindle moulder

Although it does make you wonder about taking advice with a woodworker with a bit of a missing finger.

Although it does make you wonder about taking advice with a woodworker with a bit of a missing finger.

When I was first starting out, a lot of joiners used to say you were not a good machinist until you lost some finger bits.

My BIL was a caretaker for a school and he hired an assistant and informed him he could use the w/w machinery provided it was not in lesson time. So on a late morning lesson he chopped off one of his fingers in a w/w class. The teacher took him to reception area to await a lift to the hospital when he realised he had left the finger in the class room. Upon entering the noisy room, a couple of students were pushing the finger about with batons and scaring less bloodthirsty students.

Bloss

advertisement

Back