advertisement

Album art on display

Robert

Tapehead
There was a thread recently on obtaining picture frames/mounts for 12" vinyl albums and John G got me thinking that yes, having thousands of records stored away is a waste of some great cover art.

So in these frugal times where most of us are counting the pennies, here is a really inexpensive way to display albums.

Pop to B&Q and purchase several strips (£5 each) of Homelux PVC tile edging strip and a bag of clout nails (£2.50). Cut strips to size and fix them to the wall.
The strips have a curved lip to retain the album cover, and one uncut strip will hold 6 albums.

Here's a first attempt:

I'm just a bit concerned that this particular selection might seem a tad camp, and was therefore thinking of losing the Santana?

DSC00430.jpg

Joan Armatrading and Pam Nester....a great album.

I am lucky to have an original copy my girlfriend, now wife bought, way back when.

Richard

I'm just a bit concerned that this particular selection might seem a tad camp, and was therefore thinking of losing the Santana?
Imo for success you also need to loose the albums by Judy Garland, Queen & George Michael.
Also ditch the Jeremy Clarkson book.

I don't see any book... am I missing a detail?

Looks great Rob, much better than spending lots on the dedicated album frames!

It makes me wish I had vinyl to decorate with!

P.S. why is Santana camp?

The only problem that I can see with this, is that the covers will fade with sunlight,
that's why all these "collector" frames ,mounts etc use UV resistant plastic to prevent fading which can be significant.

The only problem that I can see with this, is that the covers will fade with sunlight,
that's why all these "collector" frames ,mounts etc use UV resistant plastic to prevent fading which can be significant.

Good point.
They'll be no bright sunlight there and the room is dark during the day while I'm out - so only really any sun at weekends.
I'll obviously rotate them for others now and again.

P.S. why is Santana camp?
I think Robert was having a little fun with us. It's obviously the Miles/Monk that tips the balance.

This is a really nice idea, if only I had some wall space. The star map on 'One Size Fits All' really needs a wider audience.

Paul

Its a good way of showing album art, nice one.

As for selection - if you showed it to a stranger he'd probably peg you at about 60 years old. Some 50's jazz is just essential, but too much 60's music and you look like you were born in the 40's or 50's (and its not true!)

Hi Chris,

I did kind of put that lot up for effect :)
Colourful though.
I'll have a scan through for more suitable wall material.

regards,

advertisement

Back