advertisement

Akito-2 Bearings - Linn or AudioOrigami

The older cheaper arms were just that old, cheap. Someone sold me an lp12 with a Basik LVX on it and it passed the swing test alright- you could have squeezed your arse through the bearings.
For the record- do Linn even service old Akito's?

The older cheaper arms were just that old, cheap. Someone sold me an lp12 with a Basik LVX on it and it passed the swing test alright- you could have squeezed your arse through the bearings.
For the record- do Linn even service old Akito's?

I know they dont service allot of stuff they sold. The Linn grave yard is nearly full with dead LKs. The private people fixing Linns past loves its tho. Are Linn subs still going up in flames? hehe

Regards an earlier post which quite rightly dismissed the alchemy of "your upgraded Akito will beat an Ekos." I dont think anyone would make that claim here but what the owner will get is a greatly improved, fully functioning Akito again.The better cable and attention to the bearings will probably make it meaningfully better than the original. The current Akito is claimed by paid reviewers to be up there in Ittock territory. Linn dont make the Ittock anymore, so where do you think the spin is coming from?

I've had work done by J7 - which I was very happy with - he knows his stuff and 'truly cares about his work- and the customer - he's also an awfully nice chap (we had a chinwag at one of the shows) so on a purely cost basis - your arm is in safe hands and will not be any worse than going to Linn for half the price, that's not saying Linn wouldn't do a good job but I know where my money would go :) or ANY arm I would want looking at...

& this many +1's isn't just internet fandom

hope you get to play some records soon

J

Johnnny is a craftsman , you cant take that away from him. The advantage he has , he hasnt got the Linn directors to pay before hes broken even. He took my Ekos and solved Linns fack up , I'll say no more ..by the way , the Linns fack up is well known and has been reported before. Linn fack up and its well known.

advertisement

Back