advertisement

Agent Elvis

"filthy unkempt appearances and suggestive music"

I think that was what the 'moral majority' said of the first generation of American rock musicians, ca 1955..

"filthy unkempt appearances and suggestive music"

I think that was what the 'moral majority' said of the first generation of American rock musicians, ca 1955..
Not to mention what they thought of Elvis gyrating his junk on stage.

They didn't nickname him 'Pelvis' for nothing.

Interesting that despite being largely the creation of Pricilla it really doesn’t pull its punches when depicting Elvis’ curiosities.

Perhaps the underwear he had on when he met Hoover wasn't sufficiently breathtaking.
I’m reminded of the recorded response of Nixon when the call came through to the Oval Office that Hoover had finally croaked. Surprised all the same that Hoover didn’t at least ask Elvis into his office to take a ‘loyalty test’ once he locked the door.

I have met dozens of people connected with Elvis including Jerry Schilling and Sonny West - the bodyguards that were with Elvis when he met Nixon. This is the true story:

Elvis was really into collecting Police Badges which County Sheriffs had the power to officialy issue so that Elvis could own without breaking the law. Anyway, Elvis really wanted to get an FBI badge for his collection but was told that it was impossible and against the law unless he was an FBI agent. Determined to get an FBI badge Elvis said there must be some way to get one to which one of his Sheriff friends jokingly replied the only way was for the President to make him an FBI agent.

A week or so later Elvis flew to Washington, walked up to the Whitehouse gates and said that he had a letter for the President and wanted to see him. He was told to return in a couple of hours. What followed then was simply amazing, Elvis was granted a meeting with Nixon, walks into the Whitehouse and half hour later comes out with an FBI badge having been made an honoury FBI agent. This was Elvis' only motivation.

I've also met and chatted with Sam Phillips - founder of SUN records who 'discovered Elvis' - total and utter thrill but thats another story.

advertisement

Back