advertisement

Ageing white bloke complains about racism

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
It's political correctness gone mad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56806312

'Morrissey appears to have taken offence at The Simpsons after being sent up in the animation's latest episode.

In the show, titled Panic On The Streets of Springfield, Lisa Simpson becomes obsessed with the militantly vegan singer of a 1980s indie band.

But her dreams are shattered when it transpires her idol, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, had become a bitter, overweight, anti-immigrant meat-eater.

A statement on Morrissey's Facebook called the show "hurtful and racist".

"Surprising what a 'turn for the worst' the writing for The Simpson's TV show has taken in recent years," said the statement, which was posted by the star's manager, Peter Katsis.

"Poking fun at subjects is one thing," it continued, "but when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here."

ISTR Morrissey getting arsey about 'Morrissey the consumer monkey' on Vic Reeve's Big Night Out. It's almost like the bloke is a miserable old get.

We Hate it When Our Friends Become Oversensitive Gammon Who Love to Ridicule the Snowflakes but a Moment Later Collapse into Hysteria at the Thought of Leaving the Car Parked in Walthamstow.

I watched The Simpsons episide. For the most part it was very funny indeed, and definitely on target. The character of ‘Quilloughby’ is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, who does an excellent job of the dialogue and the singing.
Watch this from 1’ 36”:-

Mick

I watched The Simpsons episide. For the most part it was very funny indeed, and definitely on target. The character of ‘Quilloughby’ is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, who does an excellent job of the dialogue and the singing.
Watch this from 1’ 36”:-

Mick
I was about to say, is it definitely sending up Morrissey...? I saw the poster with 'The Snuffs' on it...hmm, probably.....then I got to the song... :D:D:D:D

We Hate it When Our Friends Become Oversensitive Gammon Who Love to Ridicule the Snowflakes but a Moment Later Collapse into Hysteria at the Thought of Leaving the Car Parked in Walthamstow.
Crikey, that's impressive capitalisation. Are you the chap that does track titles on CDs?

On reflection, it's a bit over-cooked. Should have just been We Hate it When Our Friends Fail to Grow Up.

advertisement

Back