Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ageing. It's a Bugger....

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Mullardman, Apr 23, 2021.

1. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

No. Never been able to see them. I suffered a 'lazy eye' as a kid. My left eye was slightly turned inwards, almost like being cross-eyed in the left eye. Glasses cured this to a large degree but never been able to de-focus or whatever to see them. Unfortunately, as the wife says, the lazy eye has spread to the rest of my body....

darrenyeats likes this.
  2. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Progress!

I went to an appointment at Wrightington a couple of weeks ago, fully expecting to get a Cortisone jab in my left knee, to limit pain while I wait for both knees to be replaced. In the event, I was greeted by the surgeon I saw last time, who is in Professor xxxx's team. He basically told me that any steroids could prevent me from having surgery, or being able to opt for a cancellation.. so I slightly reluctantly accepted his advice.

So this evening I got a call asking me if I would be interested in being added to the 'list' of a new surgeon they have appointed, in order to reduce their waiting lists. I responded that I assumed that anyone they appointed ought to be competent! The lady responded that he has already done many ops. So I agreed. Lady also offered me a 'pre-op' appointment on Dec 3rd, after which...all being well, I could get the call any time.. from the new guy's list..or a cancellation from the original surgeon's list. Otherwise I could be waiting until the Spring...which sort of signals that I could get the first op done anytime in the next month or so. I also imagine some patients would avoid the Christmas period. I won't. I just want both knees done ASAP. I'm presently unable to be active for more than about an hour max, or walk for maybe 15 minutes before the pain..which is ever present, becomes just too much.

Bring it on.

3. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

That's excellent news Mull. I was in the same position and was told I would get sorted sooner if I went with another surgeon. When I attended my first pre-op assessment I asked if he was any good and the reply was that only the best get to work at Wrightington :)

darrenyeats and Mullardman like this.