advertisement

Afghanistan withdrawal.

Uh oh use of big font and bold alert.

I said they were like the military wing of the Wurzells not the equivalent of the actual Wurzells: that would be ridiculous although at least they would have a brand new combine harvester.

Uh, oh God knows how much that would increase poppy production.

That really is astonishing. Even leaving aside the point the Taliban now clearly have a high-tech military capability if I was a US tax payer I’d be spitting fire right now at the sheer waste of money that could have been used for real good at home.

PS I guess it’s just war doing what war always does. $trillions of tax revenue pissed up the wall for zero gain whilst folk at home die of poverty, lack of adequate healthcare, suffer poor education etc etc.

That's truly awful, what a waste of US tax payers money.. I bet most of it will just lie dormant without the expertise to maintain and get airworthy..

The country is weeks away from the collapse of it's healthcare system too.. They really have no idea what they are doing.. :( Firing bullets into the air is all well and good, victory is theirs, but now make a country out of it.. I despair that all they wanted is war, now they've won the country will collapse..

There will be some who are happy to help with the tech from all sorts of places
Official or unofficial
China and Russia officially.
Qatar currently treading the middle path
Contractors / mercenaries

Large Taliban assault tonight on the National Resistance Forces in the Panjshir Valley - sources suggest 20,000 Taliban. Initial reports suggesting that Taliban sent packing with > 400 Taliban casualties and >350 Taliban wounded.
If the Russians couldn't take Panjshir with two crack divisions plus armour and 100 MiGs and helicopter gunships, it's hard to see how the Taliban will get anything than a bloody nose.

Large Taliban assault tonight on the National Resistance Forces in the Panjshir Valley - sources suggest 20,000 Taliban. Initial reports suggesting that Taliban sent packing with > 400 Taliban casualties and >350 Taliban wounded.
If the Russians couldn't take Panjshir with two crack divisions plus armour and 100 MiGs and helicopter gunships, it's hard to see how the Taliban will get anything than a bloody nose.
They haven't realised this is entirely different to what they were doing before.

Yes I remember reading about Philip II of Spain- in his 42 year reign, he wasn’t actually at war for only three months of it.
Philip II was a religious fanatic, so perhaps there's a moral there somewhere.

Everyone was theoretically supposed to swear fealty to the Inquisition. Naturally, the Church didn't push this on monarchs, but at autos-da-fé, Philip would swear fealty with sword raised on high.

advertisement

Back