advertisement

Affordable SuperNait DAC upgrade

merv

pfm Member
Any suggestions on a DAC that would be an upgrade on the built-in one on the SN? Preferably around the £500 mark but definitely less than £1k.

Why not sell the S/N first then get another integrated +separate dac, seems a waste to have two dacs.

Any suggestions on a DAC that would be an upgrade on the built-in one on the SN? Preferably around the £500 mark but definitely less than £1k.

Merv- I've asked this question quite a bit.

I too own a SN, it seems that opinions are split as to the merits of the internal DAC compared with separate units.

I can also see where Muzzer is coming from with regards to having one DAC going to waste....Thing is, I love the amp in its own right and I don't want to move it on....

I'm thinking of going to a 202/200 set up but need something to replace the onboard DAC - so I'm looking for advice on a DAC that's as good as / better than the SNs.

I was wondering how the Rega DAC would compare?

Well, if you are in naim land....then nDac is obvious choice. Can you wait and keep saving for an ex demo unit????.....can you? ;)

can't justify spending that much just on a DAC :(

if anyone has an ND5 XS they're thinking about upgrading, could have my arm twisted...

Merv, I can understand that. Thing is if you like the supernatural dac, the nDac is the next upgrade really........

One on eBay for £1.4k

Try the Mdac. It's extraordinary. Or wait for the pre-fabled Bdac from Creek (and JW).

Sounds promising.

I don't think that you could beat the built-in dac for £500.

A s/h lavry da-10 would blow it away IME. they can be had for circa £500. If £1k is your budget then look at the da-11 (usb) or the mdac IMO.

I've owned two of the above dacs (inc supernait) btw. I haven't owned the Mdac, yet!

A s/h lavry da-10 would blow it away IME. they can be had for circa £500. If £1k is your budget then look at the da-11 (usb) or the mdac IMO.

I've owned two of the above dacs (inc supernait) btw. I haven't owned the Mdac, yet!

Hi Frank, it looks like you'll soon be able to comment on the MDAC!

Hi Merv,

Without rubbing in too much salt, with a pair of HD650's I am thrilled, I really am. I have just started a thread asking whether I should use a replacement cable for the HD650 with XLRs or the usual 1/4" plug.

I shall be in touch on Wednesday morning. ;)

I'm thinking of going to a 202/200 set up but need something to replace the onboard DAC - so I'm looking for advice on a DAC that's as good as / better than the SNs.

I was wondering how the Rega DAC would compare?

If you like your SuperNait you may be disappointed with the 202/200 - make sure you get a demo first. Personally I don't like the 202 at all.

advertisement

Back