advertisement

Advice please on system update

madgerald

Hi there

I have a system I would like to update and there is obviously a great deal of expertise on this forum so it would be great to hear your thoughts!

The system is about 10 years old and at the moment it a Naim CD5, a Cyrus pre-amp and power supply plus a huge NAD Silverline power amp and AE 500 series speakers. I love the CD player and speakers but the power amp is too big, unsightly and a bit “raw” for someone of my advancing years :( .

Question is – what do I replace it with? I was thinking of a Naim NAP 200 but not sure if it will work with the Cyrus pre-amp. Also will I need to buy a separate power supply?

If any of you can help I would be very grateful... :cool:

Thanks in advance :)

Isn't the obvious answer Cyrus power amps to suit your budget / volume requirements?

You'll need a phono - 4 pin din cable to use a Naim amp, but other than that it'll work, as with most changes, best to hear for yourself :)

Thanks for the reply and the info about the cable.

I did have a Cyrus power amp originally but didn't think the bass response was very good so switched to the NAD. Ideally I want something that is more sophisticated than the NAD but can give a good "kick" when required. I'm hoping the Naim NAP 200 will fit the bill.

advertisement

Back