advertisement

Advice on phono to partner new amp?

vinyl_paul

pfm Member
hi everyone,
I have got a S/H SuperNait2 off a fellow PFM-er. Now I need a phono stage to match.

TT is a Thorens TD-150 with Nagaoka MP300 on SME-3009 mkII arm.
Speakers are PMC Twenty 23s.

Recommendations for phono box? So much choice I don't know where to start.

Something in proportion to eclectic vinyl arrangement.
(Also have digital coming in via 2Qute)

Thanks

I lived with an SN2 and PMC23s (and a 2Qute) for a few years - it's a great fit and forget combo. The phono stage might depend on where you want to go. Do you want to stick with the deck and MM carts? Or might you want to upgrade in future?

If it's MM only, yes, there are almost too many to recommend. I have a Rega Aria on home dem at the moment, and it's fabulous - especially on the flexibility/adjustability stakes.

I think the Supernait2 have a powered input for a Naim phono stage, such as the Stageline, so if you "need a phono stage to match", a moving magnet Stageline would seem like a good starting point.

Thanks everyone. I'm MM only (for now!) And I have been following the discussions from Arkless and others on a Phono Stage thread.
Might investigate trying a Stageline to start. I'm happy to buy and try via PFM - it's part of the fun

I've put a WTD for a Stage line in the classified. I'll see and give it a go.

Currently using the onboard MM card on a Creek Destiny MK1 so that's my baseline.

Stage lline is in the right ball park price wise I hope

I've put a WTD for a Stage line in the classified. I'll see and give it a go.

Currently using the onboard MM card on a Creek Destiny MK1 so that's my baseline.

Stage lline is in the right ball park price wise I hope

The second hand Arkless 640P you were interested in the other day will easy beat a Stageline;)

Not familiar with your TT/cartridge, but I found the Swedish Lejonklou phonostages was one of the few stages I preferred to Naim MM.
Linn Linto another fine stage.

The RSL Phono-Stage loaner is making the rounds in the UK now. Has both MM and MC boards which can be swapped out for the audition. Availability is expected to be sometime in November. Cost for MM version $699. (US). Just send me an email with your particulars to get on the list: [email protected].

I have a Lejonklou Gaio 2 which pairs perfectly with LINN Adikt MM cartridge. Better than even Stageline powered with Hicap DR

advertisement

Back