advertisement

Ads have gone eastern

cctaylor

pfm Member
The ads on my Pink Fish have gone eastern, I can't tell Mandarin from Japanese not sure which .

I was getting Italian pension advice for a few days.
I also get a lot of Chinese herbal medication in Mandarin, which I cannot read.
Today adverts from a house removal company in Malay, that I can. I think that the Selling it all or downsizing thread in Audio triggered this one.

I got Piers Morgan 'selling' Bitcoin a week or so ago, but seems to be back to normal now (random stuff, a bit of hi-fi and funeral plan ads!)

I remember when going to Rotterdam a couple of years ago (remember when we could travel...) I started getting ads in Dutch. I guess it depends where the ad server thinks your location is. Odd that it would think you'd decamped to the far east if you're still at home though. Maybe have a delve in your system settings. Are you using a VPN perhaps? If so, has your VPN portal moved?

Most of the titles in the Off Topic section were in Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese, etc characters yesterday. Lasted about a minute.

I'm getting a kitchen knife (sharpening thread), clothing (I was looking at shirts) and, bizarrely, a range of hydraulic equipment to be attached to tractors. (No idea).

There was a time when I was getting houses for sale in Switzerland, that was rather nice. Log cabins offering mountain views and with water but no electricity, it was a pleasant little diversion.

Google thinks I'm either a gay male, or a large breasted woman, leaving me very confused :).

I’ve started getting hyperactive stock trading ads that seem to be grabbing bandwidth. My iPad stutters in synch with the flashing tickertape on the ad.

Anyone had the ' thousands of people are cremated every year ' one?
No, but I'm glad that they are. The alternative if we couldn't bury them either would be dreadful. I reckon I'm going for a woodland burial, seen a place doing it on land with views to Ingleborough. When the time comes they can plant me, something like a rowan or a birch on top, fence the sheep out, job done. 20 years on it will be woodland.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back