advertisement

ADC Suggestions

Amber Audio

This is the Day
I’m looking at a new preamp with no analogue inputs. I’ll need to buy an ADC to use my Phono stage, for flexibility and future proofing I’d like it to be Balanced and Unbalanced. A quick look round suggests RME ADI Pro and Mytek. Anyone doing this, if so what do you use?

I can see basic £32 Thoman own brand Swissonic RCA ones which may be all I need and paying more for a Name is just audiophile nervosa. Maybe worth a punt anyway until I decide if £1K plus is justified, anyone use Swissonic kit?

Thanks for any comments and Merry Xmas!

Gus

Not quite what you are asking for, but have you looked at a Parks Audio Puffin? I have one with an optical output. It is very good and can be used as a line level ADC, even with optional 'Magic' record noise correction, valve filter, tilt, room EQ and so on.

Support is excellent too.

Not quite what you are asking for, but have you looked at a Parks Audio Puffin? I have one with an optical output. It is very good and can be used as a line level ADC, even with optional 'Magic' record noise correction, valve filter, tilt, room EQ and so on.

Support is excellent too.
Yeah I did have a read up about it, bit loathe to oust the Luxman EQ-500 though and I need 3 inputs. I could daisy chain it I suppose and always have a play with it’s features on a rainy day

Yeah I did have a read up about it, bit loathe to oust the Luxman EQ-500 though and I need 3 inputs. I could daisy chain it I suppose and always have a play with it’s features on a rainy day

You can use it as plain ADC for your Luxman output. I am sure there are better options but the Puffin is quite a useful multi-tool. That Luxman looks very nice btw. I hadn't seen it before. I'm not sure that Puffin ADC will be inaudible on the Luxman's output.

advertisement

Back