advertisement

Adam Tensor

MattSPL

pfm Member
What happened to the Adam Tensor series of active speakers?
I see they did a MKii, but it looks like they are no longer on their website.

Any users out there that could comment on their experiences with the Tensors?

Cheers
Matt

The Mkii basically didn’t materialise. I had a pair of Gamma active speakers wired to a Weiss DAC202, the best hi fi experience I ever had. Absolutely awesome speakers.

I owned Alphas for nearly ten years and they were superb speakers. ADAM nearly went bust 3-4 years ago, when they got themselves stabilised they brought out the mk2 range but dropped much of the expensive cabinet construction to reduce costs. I have seen passive mk2's for sale but dont think they bothered with the active versions.

Selling active speakers to audiphiles is bloody hard work, I think ADAM have pulled back to concentrate on their core pro audio business.

Thanks for the reply’s. I take it neither of you own the speakers anymore? What did you move onto?

I’d like to hear the Gammas, I think I could accommodate those.

Cheers
Matt

I owned Alphas for nearly ten years and they were superb speakers. ADAM nearly went bust 3-4 years ago, when they got themselves stabilised they brought out the mk2 range but dropped much of the expensive cabinet construction to reduce costs. I have seen passive mk2's for sale but dont think they bothered with the active versions.

Selling active speakers to audiphiles is bloody hard work, I think ADAM have pulled back to concentrate on their core pro audio business.

I remember when you were selling those.

I didn’t get in touch for fear of wasting your time but you’ll never know how close I was to hiring a van and taking the trip up!
When they eventually sold I was equally pleased/gutted. I cheered myself up by spending the money on a new bike.

I remember when you were selling those.

I didn’t get in touch for fear of wasting your time but you’ll never know how close I was to hiring a van and taking the trip up!
When they eventually sold I was equally pleased/gutted. I cheered myself up by spending the money on a new bike.

The Alphas look like a seriously good pair of speakers, as do all the Tensor range.

Thanks for the reply’s. I take it neither of you own the speakers anymore? What did you move onto?

I’d like to hear the Gammas, I think I could accommodate those.

Cheers
Matt

The Gammas are superb speakers that I have heard quite a few times, and in a normal 4x5m room, would be an ideal choice. Active, inbuilt EQ, great looking, the magic of the XART mid driver. You will only get encouragement from me :) They do pop up on audiomarket.de often enough.

I sold the Alphas because they were simply too large, and it was time to build me endgame speaker system. I have been speakerless now for ten months and it will be at least Sept before my new speakers are finished.

Cheers

The Gammas are superb speakers that I have heard quite a few times, and in a normal 4x5m room, would be an ideal choice. Active, inbuilt EQ, great looking, the magic of the XART mid driver. You will only get encouragement from me :) They do pop up on audiomarket.de often enough.

I sold the Alphas because they were simply too large, and it was time to build me endgame speaker system. I have been speakerless now for ten months and it will be at least Sept before my new speakers are finished.

Cheers

Are you building some speakers yourself? They’d have to be serious to beat the Alphas
I built a diy sub and put better drivers in my current active speakers, but not dared build a full range speaker myself.

Are you building some speakers yourself? They’d have to be serious to beat the Alphas
I built a diy sub and put better drivers in my current active speakers, but not dared build a full range speaker myself.

He has a build thread on here and they look epic although it hasn’t been updated for a while - come on Mondie, get to it!

;)

Not much to add unfortunatley Legzr, the Lenard boys are currently getting the cabinets CNC cut so I am still patiently waiting. I was back in Oz last month though and spent plenty of time listening to the proto's. They exceed anything I could have even dreamt of when I decided to go down this road :)

They look very nice and not ‘too’ big. Are the drivers in the build thread the ones in the current prototype or are they just for the final build?

The drivers in the thread are mchhigher quality that what is in the protots whioch were built with what the guys had to hand. There is only more performance to be had from here on in :)

I remember mondie selling his Tensor Alphas - I cannot put into words how much I wanted them.

Unfortunately I can put into words what Mrs. B said when she saw them but Tony would probably ban me if I repeated them... :(

I heard Simon’s Adams. They were absolutely mind blowing. I will be interested in his opinion, on a scale of one to ten how much better the Lenard speakers will be?

on my way to the train station this week i popped into a pro audio shop [ massive one ] and the guy was raving about the adam hx7 , incredible vfm at under a grand !! made a mental note to listen sometime [950 per pair]

https://www.adam-audio.com/en/ax-series/a7x/

I’ve only heard the smaller Adams before. A3x and A5x I think. I wasn’t blown away, they sounded a bit soft in the high frequencies, but in fairness I was with a friend who was buying monitors for DJing Techno at home, so not exactly demo music. He bought some Presonus Eris E8’s. Great value and surprisingly good sound.

advertisement

Back