advertisement

Active Kans

As far as I know yes they are, both companies refer to Naim and Linn in relation to that unit, and Naim used it in the SBL, Linn in the Kan.

Very good price at Falcon, think I'll nab a pair for the Pixie project!

I have two pairs of Kans, one of which is m1k (flush terminals), and the other mkII (a later pair with Kustone damping etc.).

The latter pair I intend to convert to active operation; I have a 250, and to go with it, I will build a clone with NAPA boards and some bits from Les W.

I have an old Naim NAXO around too, and will pick up a Snaps to go with it at some point.

The mk1's will go into an office system that I am putting together, with an LP12 and a Naim 22/120 that I am restoring.

I have two pairs of Kans, one of which is m1k (flush terminals), and the other mkII (a later pair with Kustone damping etc.).

The latter pair I intend to convert to active operation; I have a 250, and to go with it, I will build a clone with NAPA boards and some bits from Les W.

I have an old Naim NAXO around too, and will pick up a Snaps to go with it at some point.

The mk1's will go into an office system that I am putting together, with an LP12 and a Naim 22/120 that I am restoring.

Sounds like fun.

The ones with the flush terminals, do they have the Hiquphon tweeter?

Olli, there is a ferrofluid version of the D2008, I don't think it was used in the original Kan or SBL but I know some have used it for replacement tweeter, I'm not sure of the difference in how they sound.

Off the McBride site:

May 1984:

"Change to Hiquphone tweeters, which gave a flatter response. These are identified by having the Linn logo printed on the front plate, along with "LINN PRODUCTS" written there also. The plate also has 2 concentric circles printed on it. This change was from serial number 24077 onwards."

The pair I have are 038*** so yes, they have the Hiquphone tweeters; certainly they are a big step up at the top end over the elderly pair of Isobariks that I have.

I have one pair of Kan 2 tweeters where the surrounding plastic just fell off. So there is no screw holes to attach these anywhere. Those are perfectly working but can I find new plastic cups with surroundings somewhere?

20u5nrn.jpg

advertisement

Back