advertisement

Accuphase chronology

hughmc2

pfm Member
Hi all,

I recently had the chance to buy an Accuphase E308 on PFM but I dragged my feet and by the time I had persuaded her that " no, it would look just fine there"......it was gone.

So now I will have to sit and wait, adding to my little upgrade fund each month.:rolleyes:

In the meantime does anybody have a link or any information on the time-line through the various Accuphase integrated amps. Also any informed thoughts on which are best, which to avoid, etc.

I have read in various t'internet articles that they have got massively better as time has gone on but do the references signify what followed what ?

thanks.

ps it will be running with an Arcam CD23 ( which won't be replaced any time soon, after some recent home demo's of possible "upgrades"....not ! ) and some B&W CM5's

Hi all,

I recently had the chance to buy an Accuphase E308 on PFM but I dragged my feet and by the time I had persuaded her that " no, it would look just fine there"......it was gone.

So now I will have to sit and wait, adding to my little upgrade fund each month.:rolleyes:

In the meantime does anybody have a link or any information on the time-line through the various Accuphase integrated amps. Also any informed thoughts on which are best, which to avoid, etc.

I have read in various t'internet articles that they have got massively better as time has gone on but do the references signify what followed what ?

thanks.

ps it will be running with an Arcam CD23 ( which won't be replaced any time soon, after some recent home demo's of possible "upgrades"....not ! ) and some B&W CM5's
be patience, if you got the fund ready, you can always be the first one to grab hold of a unit. anw that e308 would be near 10years old..

another alternative is to post a WTB thread. i can assure you that your mailbox would be flooded..

thanks for the input.

This is the first year in quite a while when I actually get some of my bonus for myself :D

so I'm gonna take my time and buy something I can sit and smirk about when I'm old ..........and broke.

something that looks as good as it sounds, with lashings of "pride of ownership" poured over it.

need to do more research me thinks.

maybe an E350 or a 505U ??

why not jump straight into E460 or E560? or at least a E360..

i bent on getting one too. just that i couldn't decide class A or Class A/B

Would be nice but I think £1500 is as much as I would feel comfortable spending on an amp.

and i think i will probably go A/B at worst. As a Scotsman I would feel like I should at least be boiling an egg or drying some washing above a Class A amp... if it had to be left on all the time.

But most branded or big names in HIFI industry made their reference lines amplification in class A

There should be some facts in it

Anw if that 1500£ can save you itch for upgrade for many year then it is money well spent

You are probably right. If I am going to spend £1.5k on an amp I shouldn't really be moaning about leaving it switched on.

I think I better do some research and make up a short list. Then post it on PFM for people more informed than me to comment.

or even offer something

thanks again.

You mean a short list of different of integrated. Or only accuphase amp

What attracted you to accuphase btw ��

A shortlist of different Amps. Not just Accuphase.

I was looking for an Amp and saw the E308 for sale on PFM. I researched it a bit and it looked like my kind of thing ??

Roksan Kandys are probably really good and Electrocompanients may sound awesome but that look is not for me. And I will be able to see what I bought when i'm listening to it.

It's like Mizuno MP30 irons ( got some ), Levi 501's ( got some ). They've just got "it"

what do they say ? ...." fashion comes and goes but style is timeless" ?

Big difference between the Electrocompaniet style of presentation and the Accuphase, IMO.

I'd take Accuphase every time, if it were me. An E350 should be a serious contender, but might be over your £1500 budget.

FWIW I found the 30W class A power amp a little too prone to clipping for my sort of music at my normal listening levels, but the class AB stuff is wonderful and, as you say, timeless. Pretty bombproof, too.

and i think i will probably go A/B at worst. As a Scotsman I would feel like I should at least be boiling an egg or drying some washing above a Class A amp... if it had to be left on all the time.

Just think of the money that you will save on the running of the tumble dryer.

advertisement

Back