advertisement

AC/DC 50th Vinyl

dalryc

pfm Member
I see there's a bunch of 50th anniversary AC/DC vinyls coming out.
They look like just a fancy coloured vinyl and maybe extra art work.

Does anyone know if there's any benefit of the current regular pressings as I've not found any info yet?

I have most as original pressings and they suit me just fine. I need no more and the temptation of the new pressings lasted just moments.

You luv 'em or hate 'em but any pressing plant would struggle to make an ACDC LP that did not hit the spot.

So maybe they are just new cosmetic releases?

TBH, I do not really care.

ACDC recordings are what they are and none here are anything but great involving rock recordings. Anything added in any new recordings would have to be mahoosive to make them more enjoyable.

If anyones loves the existing recordings, why throw more money at anything else?

Maybe the answer is to not buy any of the anniversary pressings and to read no reviews (unless you already know that they are poor)?

If they release Atlantic Studios as part of this series, I’ll get it as that’s their only decent album I don’t have on vinyl.

Good first UK pressings of their first 7 international releases and the 90’s live album can be found for £40 or so. Let there be rock, for some reason, a bit more.

Good late 70’s pressings of their first 3 Australian albums can be had for £100 or so each.

They’re all great sounding rock records and all the AC/DC anyone but the most avid of collectors is likely to need.

First pressings of their early Aussie Albert’s LPs are serious money.

All their CDs sound fine.

A nice reissue of the 80’s box of the Australian versions of their first 8 albums, with Atlantic studios thrown in, on plain black vinyl, would get me opening my wallet, otherwise I’m done.

A DVD of the complete recordings of the 3 concerts they recorded for British TV with Bon Scott would also be pretty cool.

advertisement

Back