advertisement

A walk round Ernesto's Gallery

Derek Wright

pfm Member
The story - over the years we have to got to know Ernesto Mayans very well, we have bought quite a few pictures from his gallery in Canyon Road, Santa Fé

On this visit he asked me to take some pictures of his gallery for potential use on his web site, so we spent an afternoon at the gallery walking around, moving pictures etc. All in all a pleasant way to spend a sunny October afternoon.

Here are the pictures - - select a picture to see more to get the slide show.
http://www.w9259.co.uk/mayans/album/#

Thank you for looking and commenting. AS you might guess I was quite pleased with the final offering. I hope Ernesto can get some use out of the pictures.

For those interested in techy details they were taken with an Olympus OMD EM1 Mk 1 (a mirrorless camera) with a 4/3rds 7-14mm lens and the adapter to allow it to fit on the camera. All pictures were in available light (as you might guess from the hotspots) All processed in Lightroom and some in Photoshop (to correct perspective errors)

Looks really nice Derek, the photos are terrific, and the gallery charming and quirkily NM. I see Santa Fe is known for a strong arts culture. Presumably you live there - I thought you were here in the UK for some reason.

Thank you
I do live in the UK but have visited SF most years for the last 19 years.
The whole southwest is superb, excellent landscapes and drives.
However this year the high altitudes really got to me and I had to take Oxygen in the Oxygen bar to get me going again.

It was the art that kept us returning, buying far to many pieces, however the Brexit induced sterling crash definitely held us back this year.

More news about these pictures. I created a Photobox A4 book of the pictures and sent a copy to Ernesto who is delighted with the images and the book. He wants to get many copies printed of the book to give out as a promotion to his major customers, Plus he has asked us to include a picture of my wife and I creating the pictures in his yard and insists that we have our names in the book as well.

So now I am in to vanity publishing <g>

Next big debate - do we go for an ISBN number and lodging in the Library of Congress.

advertisement

Back