advertisement

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

'If You Knew Me' is a very different aspect on some good crime/thrillers this year. First two down, second two parts from this Sunday. With its all black cast and very unusual court-based storyline, it had me hooked, Good review too

'If You Knew Me' is a very different aspect on some good crime/thrillers this year. First two down, second two parts from this Sunday. With its all black cast and very unusual court-based storyline, it had me hooked, Good review too

Don't you mean "You don't know me"?

Looking forward to watching the last episode...

I watched The Eiger Sanction last night for the first time. I'm pretty sure I'd heard of the film before but somehow I'd never actually seen it; I was born in '73 so I wouldn't have been old enough to see till the late '80s or so. Anyway, the story seemed a tad weak but the thing is, the climbing scenes are good, quite realistic. I mean, I was starting think Clint Eastwood was actually climbing up and down The Eiger... and it turns out he was - apparently, he did all his own climbing and stunt scenes, which explains why it seemed so convincing.

Anyway, well worth a watch. I also think it could make for a great remake to enhance the story and take advantage of modern filming standards (I don't mean CGI). As for who would play Hemlock, like Eastwood, we'd want somebody who would be up for doing their own climbing and stunt work, I reckon we've got some good choices: Tom Cruise or Mathew McConaughey would be good candidates for starters.
There’s a good video about the climbing scenes in the Eiger Sanction on YouTube

Don't you mean "You don't know me"?

Yes I do, but I wish I hadn't as I hate suspended endings, esp. after 4 episodes. Maybe it's me, but is one supposed to know what the verdict actually was?. Should be re-titled 'You don't know the outcome' !

Yes I do, but I wish I hadn't as I hate suspended endings, esp. after 4 episodes. Maybe it's me, but is one supposed to know what the verdict actually was?. Should be re-titled 'You don't know the outcome' !

I don't like it when stuff ends like that either, but at least they showed both possible outcomes.

I'm enjoying the Tourist on BBC now.... as gradually Jamie Dornan pieces his memory back together - and its not looking too nice about who he might actually be.

Some good scenes, but the comedy highlights are a little strange. I can't believe an outback traffic jam was caused by two shagging tortoises. Most people would just drive round off the road, unless it was quicksand. After all, Dornan was chased for some distance off road in a regular Mazda followed by a road train. Ah well, must be fiction.
PS: who paid for the helicopter, especially after they had ingratiated themselves with the pilot so nicely.

The Dubai documentary on BBC2 right now is horrifyingly funny. I am thinking there may be a legit use of nuclear weapons after all.

Just watched ep 3 of the Tourist. No spoilers here, other than to say it's really picked up the pace!

Why does the BBC no longer make language programmes? That's what I want to know.

Finished watching The Tourist last night, I found the American a 'bit" unbelievable and a bit tongue in cheek Tarantino stylee, especially the whistling, not a bad show, the only enormous hole in the plot was 'The Tourist' being from NI, one Tweet with a pic would have him recognised instantly and of course they know his, Mum, Dad, Granny, Auntie, etc, perhaps it should have been set in the 80's or 90's

Finished watching The Tourist last night, I found the American a 'bit" unbelievable and a bit tongue in cheek Tarantino stylee, especially the whistling, not a bad show, the only enormous hole in the plot was 'The Tourist' being from NI, one Tweet with a pic would have him recognised instantly and of course they know his, Mum, Dad, Granny, Auntie, etc, perhaps it should have been set in the 80's or 90's

A bit 'unbelievable' ?

He was about 30 stone, half dead and managed to climb out of a well with vertical walls that looked at least 20" high.

Aye I was a wee bit skeptical mysel:D

Well I ended up watching the last episode of this which was pretty good, all in all it is decent enough but some bits of it are totally preposterous and unbelievable, the ending was shite actually.

Some of the 'scenery' is frankly ridiculous too BTW.

advertisement

Back