advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see 'Colossal' is on Netflix. Saw it a few years ago and it's definitely not like any other film I can think of! In a good way IMO. I advise not reading the reviews since there are plot point spoilers.

I was really looking forward to The Witcher - lined it up for an Xmas binge - watched Ep1 part of 2 and it really isn't very good so I'll find summat else

I watched the crossover film on Netflix where Kylo Ren and the Black Widow fight over the fate of a young boy. Set in contemporary New York and LA, it has a fantastic cast and is beautifully acted.

Marriage story is mumblecore king Noah Baumbach‘s move into the big time, yet retains all the intimate small-scale charm that the genre is know for. And it has Alan Alda, Wallace Shaw and music by Randy Newman.

I thought it was brilliant.

Stephen

Amen to that brother. I watched a few yesterday. WTF? Shocking bad.

Play Witcher 3 instead.

Watched a couple of episodes yesterday, thought it was ok, but I've never played the game.

Wife seemed interested but guaranteed, if she knew it was based on a game, she'd not give it the time of day

Watched a couple of episodes yesterday, thought it was ok, but I've never played the game.

Wife seemed interested but guaranteed, if she knew it was based on a game, she'd not give it the time of day

Actually it's based on a series of books. The games came later.

The wife will remain happy. lol

for what it's worth - THIS is probably the BEST thing i've EVER seen on television (ok well short of the news coverage on 9/11 -but CLOSE) - hard to find now though and there are only two seasons available. Likely can be found on openload or various 'pirate' sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back