Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I did feel that the end felt like The End, and was surprised to read after watching series seven that they’d filmed series eight back in April/May...
    Have to start a drinking game where everyone drinks each time Gilou slaps someone!

Mick

2. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

That's a drinking game to get you pissed! Even Laure gave someone a slap, it's obviously contagious.

3. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Here's a still from the new series of The Crown.

[​IMG]
    Stephen

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    ErikL and vuk like this.
  4. stephen bennett

The last series of The Man From Newcastle was pretty dull.

Is this better?

New series of The Expanse coming soon!

Stephen

Taff63 likes this.
  5. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

that's the series in which they try to cast as many shampoo models as possible to save a bit of money an acting, right? wasn't it cancelled in after season 2?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    stephen bennett likes this.
  6. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

And oddly not available here in France...

7. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I imagine it's still in post production.

8. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

The whole series is unavailable!

9. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

As far as I'm aware they're not available to stream from Nexflix or Prime here in the UK, though series 1-6 can be bought from Apple for £44 - that's tempting even though the first three series are only standard definition not HD.

10. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

I enjoyed that too - can't remember if it was on Prime or Netflix. Currently watching Season 1 of Dark.

11. billo

billo pfm Member

I watched the first episode of "Comrade Detective" on Amazon Prime, a parody of a Romanian cop show with added propaganda. It almost falls into the 'so bad it's good' category with some good lines such as when they meet the American ambassador who is a leggy blonde with a huge split up her skirt and one asks "Why is she dressed like a prostitute"? the other says " She is a capitalist so she must be going out to exploit someone"
    It may not be for everyone but it does have it's moments
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834198/

12. 35451

35451 Guest

The Laundromat with Streep, Oldman, and Banderos is an excellent Soderburgh film, based on true events and about a pair of lawyers (Olman and Banderas) who swindle insurance thru shell companies in Panama. Streep is swindled and disgruntled old lady.

On Netflix.

13. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

+1 for Spiral. I think that lawyer bloke is in love with her, or is she in love with her cell mate? Series 8 will tell us hopefully.

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  14. madmike

Tried that but couldn't get on with the obvious set up scenes at the beginning.

15. madmike

Watched the Spy, a series with Sacha Baron Cohen playing an Israeli spy, very well acted and totally straight too. Mind you I never saw any of his comedy stuff.

16. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

I very much liked this series, I’d not known it was non-comedy until I’d finished the first episode and I’d said to my mate, well, it must be the biggest build up to a funny scene or.....he stepped in and said it’s not a comedy, aaahhh, that explains it!

Nonetheless I really liked it, gets a recommendation from me.

17. stephen bennett

No. That's the series that is based on a proper SF book series rather than the usual stuff written by a soap writer who fancies portraying a bit of robot sex.

Stephen

18. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i can accept/contemplate that the books are decent enough, but the acting was unbearable, not to mention the guy with the annoying 1930 detective hat/affectations. i gave up after s1. does it get better?

19. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

If you didn't like Series 1 then I very much doubt you'll like the rest of it. FWIW I think it's well above average but each to their own.

Michael P, Taff63 and stephen bennett like this.
  20. stephen bennett

For you, probably not.

Stephen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.