advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artifact on Netflix is probably worth a watch even if, like me, you've little if any interest in the band 30 Seconds To Mars. It's an interesting look at major label contracts, politics etc from a band's perspective and is set against the backdrop of EMI imploding and being asset-stripped/destroyed by idiot venture capitalists etc.

Guilty pleasure: we've been enjoying the splendid "Rita", from Denmark, all about a teacher. Doesn't sound so interesting, but very well acted and good characterisation. May start on the spin-off "Hjordis" (about another teacher in the same school) later....

Mr Robot impressed me, although I'm told it doesn't hold it's grip all the way through the series, seems pretty impressive after the first episode. It's about a drug addled hacker taking on an evil corporation that is equated with Apple.

NO SPOILERS AHEAD.

Watched it all last weekend. It's excellent until the very, very end.

Great score and excellent use of songs.

The Duke of Burgundy is only 99p to rent at the moment on Amazon Prime.

My favourite film of the year and the soundtrack is my album of the year. Yes it's that good.

[YOUTUBE]KaTTr5-JmuU[/YOUTUBE]

Kung Fury.

It's only 30 minutes long. Don't think about it, just do it. There will be time for thinking when the credits start to roll.

(I thought about sharing the trailer, but there are too many spoilers. Just watch it. It's also on youtube in its entirety.)

Gomorrah on Amazon is brilliant . Highly praised for years, the setting and characters are more realistic than the Sopranos and everything is brilliantly (can't think of a better word) done. There are the Shakespearean undertones and the whole thing works on so many levels. Apart, that is, from the background music, which is Italo-pop garbage.

PS good thread.

We've just started Narcos. Only watched the first episode, but what a slick and compelling episode it was....

Kung Fury.

It's only 30 minutes long. Don't think about it, just do it. There will be time for thinking when the credits start to roll.

Blimey, that's the second best film ever made (the best being Sun Ra's Space Is The Place, obviously).

If you like Philip K Dick's work, I can recommend the Amazon Prime pilot of The man in the high castle.

Watched the first two episodes this evening and thought it was very well done!

Looking forward to watching the remaining episodes when they become available on November 20th.

Hook

Kung Fury.

(I thought about sharing the trailer, but there are too many spoilers. Just watch it. It's also on youtube in its entirety.)

Just watched that. Its awesomeness has left me reeling and shell shocked, I think I'd better go to bed.

Rich

LAST DAYS IN VIETNAM - it was on iplayer recently (and maybe still is) but it's currently on Netflix too - fascinating stuff.

Mick

Kung Fury.

Great fun, cheers.

Thanks to Kasperhauser, as I didn't know this existed and might never have seen it. Superb, it was a blast from start to finish and the depiction of Thor was the best yet.

Ally

LAST DAYS IN VIETNAM - it was on iplayer recently (and maybe still is) but it's currently on Netflix too - fascinating stuff

I watched that a couple of days ago. Well worth watching for anyone with an interest in the subject.

Nashville is available in some Netflix regions. A bit soapy, but I enjoyed it. The music (well most of it) was surprisingly good.

Thanks for the recommendations. Primer is on Netflix I think - very good. Also Moon if you like scifi. (That's the title rather than an invitation for scifi fans to reveal their posteriors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back