advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture tells you all you need to know about Johnson
4173.jpg

Especially now that we know that the EU Commission was paying the school fees.

The EU Commission doesn't have any money, or at least it didn't back in those days.

It was your money, and mine, that paid BJ's school fees, courtesy of the EU.

A bit ironic, if you think about it, on several levels.

This picture tells you all you need to know about Johnson
4173.jpg
An A star in Manspreading. Prophetically, the division between the two benches he's straddling is right underneath him.
Also, can we blame Boris on the EU or is he simply the most toxic thing to sprout here on I’ile de la peste?

The EU Commission doesn't have any money, or at least it didn't back in those days.

It was your money, and mine, that paid BJ's school fees, courtesy of the EU.

A bit ironic, if you think about it, on several levels.
This is very true, but looking down the list of King’s Scholars, Johnson is joined by the likes of Harold Macmillan and John Maynard Keynes, all from very affluent backgrounds. The irony is that scholarships have deviated from the ancient objective of helping the poor to the modern need to primarily help the already rich

An A star in Manspreading. Prophetically, the division between the two benches he's straddling is right underneath him.
The ironic prophesy of that picture is that, despite him taking the captain’s position, he is totally shit at football. As in football, as is life.

The ironic prophesy of that picture is that, despite him taking the captain’s position, he is totally shit at football. As in football, as is life.

Any fule kno, that's the Eton Wall Game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eton_wall_game

Steeped in tradition, hugely complicated, lots of activity, lots of noise, a bit of ball furking, plenty of opportunity for injury and no-one ever scores or wins.

There must be a metaphor in there somewhere.

Yes, I wonder how bad the rest of the team were? The one on his right seems to have a desire to celebrate the scoring of a goal even before the game has kicked off. Strange folks at Eton.

Any fule kno, that's the Eton Wall Game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eton_wall_game

Steeped in tradition, hugely complicated, lots of activity, lots of noise, a bit of ball furking, plenty of opportunity for injury and no-one ever scores or wins.

There must be a metaphor in there somewhere.
Thanks for the link. It says that the Eton Wall game is “one of two codes of football” played at Eton.

Bloody typical, one rule for them, another for the rest of us. The metaphors keep piling up

This is very true, but looking down the list of King’s Scholars, Johnson is joined by the likes of Harold Macmillan and John Maynard Keynes, all from very affluent backgrounds. The irony is that scholarships have deviated from the ancient objective of helping the poor to the modern need to primarily help the already rich

I don't think that Johnson's father would qualify as 'rich', certainly not in the Macmillan league, though there is further irony in the fact that, given he was employed both by the EC as an MEP, neither is he likely to qualify as hard up.

Has old Stanley rushed off to Greece again, to the holiday villa? He’ll need to wear a mask this time- the smoke is something shocking. He might even get there to find a couple of impoverished Greek pensioners squatting.

https://www.irenevilla.com/

of course they’d be unable to pay the rents the Brexit landlord is asking.

Thanks for the link. It says that the Eton Wall game is “one of two codes of football” played at Eton.

Bloody typical, one rule for them, another for the rest of us. The metaphors keep piling up

Actually two rules for them, none for us, as the other one isn’t standard lumpen proletariat football either.

I don't think that Johnson's father would qualify as 'rich'….

I think that points to our experience if rich and poor. Yes, not in the SuperMac league, but still went to a very expensive private school, which I feel underlines my broader point about scholarships tending to go to the privileged

The other code being rugby union of course.
Soccer is for plebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back