advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eye-opening in-depth article just up on the FT site: 'Inside Boris Johnson’s money network'

Monday June 28 was a gruelling day for Boris Johnson. Days earlier, health secretary Matt Hancock had resigned for breaking coronavirus restrictions during an affair with an aide, and the political aftershocks were still reverberating. Instead of recuperating in his recently redecorated Downing Street flat with his wife Carrie that evening, the prime minister was driven to a Kensington townhouse for a discreet gathering with some of the wealthiest people in London.

The politicians are all desperate.

Last set of fund raising figures i saw was interesting; big decline in Conservative donations, even bigger decline in Labour receipts but vast increase in Green funds.

Maybe there is a collective wisdom emerging.

Operation Bunter is underway. We await announcement of where His Excellency has visited in Scotland, only after the fact- in case he meets any real people.

Last set of fund raising figures i saw was interesting; big decline in Conservative donations, even bigger decline in Labour receipts but vast increase in Green funds.

Maybe there is a collective wisdom emerging.
Or maybe there isn't an election for another 3 years....? God, I've just depressed myself.

As predicted, Johnson and his minders shuffled between closed photo ops, well away from a hostile public. He visited Police Academy to watch trainees doing press up then off the BBC HQ where a political correspondent said to camera that Johnson’s visit risked stimulating the Independence vote, while Boris stood in the background. How embarrassing.

VL9JnC2.jpg

get down and give me twenty

“TOP cops u-turned on the name “Operation Bunter” for a mission to guard Boris Johnson amid fears it would offend the Prime Minister.
Police Scotland assigned the codename - an echo of fictional chubby schoolboy Billy Bunter - while drawing up highly sensitive security plans for the PM’s next trip to Scotland”.
-The Sun.

They’ve changed it to Operation Aeration allegedly.

Surprised to find out you're reading the Sun!

Last edited:
Unbelievable, I know it is an over used expression when talking about this PM but FFS!!!

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news...et-thatcher-closing-coal-mines-scottish-trip/

“We’ve transitioned away from coal in my lifetime, thanks to Margaret Thatcher who closed so many coal mines.”

has he forgotten that we just imported the black stuff from Poland instead?
This is actually great, for Scottish independence to win a majority, a Bullingdon Flashman simply has to unbutton his trousers and let it hang out but to stand in Scotland and say that? There is no greater recruiting sergeant.

This is actually great, for Scottish independence to win a majority, a Bullingdon Flashman simply has to unbutton his trousers and let it hang out but to stand in Scotland and say that? There is no greater recruiting sergeant.

It's very Trump isn't it? Say something really stupid but then make out that anyone who takes it seriously doesn't get the joke. Also I wonder if even he would dare say that in Castleford or Barnsley? Saying it in NE Scotland means it will get less attention in England.

The Guardian editorial taday on the dodgy funding issue. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...an-view-on-tory-party-funding-shine-the-light
All this is turbocharged by Mr Johnson’s aversion to transparency about his own and his party’s money, the favours (including honours) given to donors and other insiders, and the awarding of government contracts, often extremely large ones. It is made acute by the government’s characteristically vengeful elections bill. As well as clamping down on access to voting, this aims to reduce the Electoral Commission’s power to investigate possible abuses of political finance laws (recently used in relation to Mr Johnson’s Downing Street flat).

It is high time for the Conservative party to be forced to come clean and let the sunlight in on its financial networks under Mr Johnson. Unless and until that happens, it is becoming increasingly possible that lobbying is no longer a scandal waiting to happen but one that is happening here, now, and at the very top of British government.

Above the rules again... Johnson not isolating after Covid contact
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58123017

Not even sure why I’m bothering... might as well be posting that a bear crapped in the woods
Johnson travelling around Scotland with a Covid-infected aide is just the icing on his PR disaster. Just as we had got the R number below 1, his entourage has been flying around Scotland, infected. The remaining rump of Scottish Tories have their heads on their hands. Nicola Sturgeon simply has to look on and wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back