advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clown is on television now, and for the second time in two days two union flags are behind him. I can't remember any previous PM draping him/herself in the flag, and it makes my flesh crawl to see the flag of my country being used for political purposes. To make it worse, the flag is folded so that the cross of St George is about all that can be seen
Is it my memory that's at fault, or is this a new thing?

Good to see Boris setting up the "scientific experts" as the fall guys. 'So sorry you all died. We were just following the best scientific advice.'
If he mentioned "best scientific advice" once, he mentioned it half a dozen times, and that was before I switched it off.
Never trust an expert. o_O
BJ looked a bit rattled though.
Governing was never meant to be like this.

Good to see Boris setting up the "scientific experts" as the fall guys. 'So sorry you all died. We were just following the best scientific advice.'
If he mentioned "best scientific advice" once, he mentioned it half a dozen times, and that was before I switched it off.
Never trust an expert. o_O
BJ looked a bit rattled though.
Governing was never meant to be like this.

He probably resented having to do some work.

The clown is on television now, and for the second time in two days two union flags are behind him. I can't remember any previous PM draping him/herself in the flag, and it makes my flesh crawl to see the flag of my country being used for political purposes. To make it worse, the flag is folded so that the cross of St George is about all that can be seen

Johnson looked shattered. Could be nothing more serious than having to do work.

His role model likes flags too, lots of them.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

I can't remember any previous PM draping him/herself in the flag, and it makes my flesh crawl to see the flag of my country being used for political purposes. To make it worse, the flag is folded so that the cross of St George is about all that can be seen

For a long time I’ve viewed the Union Jack as a BNP/UKIP emblem and the George Cross a battle-flag for the EDL and football thugs. Both have become the grotesque insignia of right-wing nationalism IMHO. Beacons of misguided exceptionalism, aggression and division. Maybe they always were. I certainly have no need for either.

He looked a little startled to me in the 'maybe this wasn't a good idea after all' territory. Lot's of ums and ahs and hesitations. He looked uncertain. Too much like hard work.

He a good news guy, doesn’t want to be doing with all this bleak stuff. Not that anyone would, but in his case he hasn’t got the gravitas having blustered and lied his way through most things in life.

For a long time I’ve viewed the Union Jack as a BNP/UKIP emblem and the George Cross a battle-flag for the EDL and football thugs. Both have become the grotesque insignia of right-wing nationalism IMHO. Beacons of misguided exceptionalism, aggression and division. Maybe they always were. I certainly have no need for either.

On my first visit to India, my programme manager - most English - was wearing the George Cross cufflings. Most dinners ended in debates about criquet.

He voted Brexit. Strangely enough I consider him a friend.

I think that too.....and whenever I see other nationalities with their flags it makes me wonder to what degree they are also like that.

From an article in The Times today, it sounds like he could fill them with dog shit. Apparently his happy families/ publicity stunt dog is dropping them all over his residence in Downing St and the two of them can’t be bothered to walk it any more.
Lol, where did you read that bit, all I. The Times? I bet it is true too. Although can't they just put it in the garden? Can't they even be arsed to open the door for it?

That circular logo on the pedestal looks like the warning symbol I get from my browser of possible malware ahead. Funny that...
It was a White House on a Red Field, something the Trump guys made up for themselves, no official status. Could well be taken to show a White House at Red Alert, due to impending danger.

well, it looks like he got away with it. Quelle surprise
I see he’s trying to pull a Trump-style “it’s all a Labour hoax”. That’s not going to wash though because while the affair doesn’t reach the threshold for criminal prosecution, he still has to answer to the next investigation.

“Johnson’s office also intervened to give her a place on trade missions to New York and Tel Aviv with Johnson, after she was initially turned down because she failed to meet the criteria”.

So, he didn't give the lady preferential treatment. I can imagine a valid legal argument being he'd rodger anything with a pulse, so perhaps the law is correct?

So, he didn't give the lady preferential treatment. I can imagine a valid legal argument being he'd rodger anything with a pulse, so perhaps the law is correct?
Maybe he had asked a number of other ladies first, but she was the one who finally agreed to go with him? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back