advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 50 year quote from Mogg was very widely circulated on the BBC, papers and internet at the time. A quick search would find it. You are simply coming across as a troll now with requests to find stuff for you, then constantly questioning minutiae when someone does actually respond with the information. You continually attribute motives to people that more belong with you. Its like dealing with a disruptive 14 year old in a classroom. Grow up "eh"?

googling "mogg fifty " immediately produced five articles on the subject, but hey, thats troll's work for you

if you'd opened one of the five sources of the information you requested you'd be able to tell the source for yourself.

When you get the answer you don't like, cue the tedious cascade of further time wasting questions or constantly questioning motives.
Quintessential trolling.

Here you are Brian.
Now STFU.
Nice. I suggest you keep that kind of thing for the pub if you have the balls.

As a reminder, here is the comment I had the gall to request the source.

I think 6 years is optimistic. Rees-Mogg is promising a depression for 50 years!

The irony is I was leaning toward believing it, having a general dislike for Mogg.

Trouble with all the ranting above is, Mogg hasn’t promised a 50 year depression.

This is now the most likely scenario, in my opinion.

Only a matter of time now before Scotland leaves the Union.
I tend to agree as nationalism has taken a grip there, however I heard on the radio today that Hunt has promised there will be no referendum on Scotland breaking up the UK. Not sure whether Johnson has made the same promise.

Is there any chance we can stop throwing the words trolling and bullying around in this thread like confetti. No one is bullying anyone, people disagreeing with a poster is not bullying. Likewise just not seeing eye to eye with someone does not make the other person a troll. It's becoming the norm (not just here but in other discussion boards) for members to post views they know are going to stir up debate and then accuse those they stir up of bullying and trolling when they don't like what they get back. Cyber bullying and trolling in the true definitions of the terms are genuinely nasty horrible and sometimes illegal practices and should not be trivialised by people that simply have differing views on Brexit and/or Boris Johnson!

Yes, disagreeing with someone is not bullying, nor does not seeing eye to eye mean someone is a troll, however sniping at people regularly, encouraging members to add someone to their ignore list, announcing a member is on your ignore list, falsely attributing an opinion or pov to someone, suggesting someone is racist, nationalist or a UKIP supporter and being generally abusive, are all examples of the internet bully, imo.

Yes, disagreeing with someone is not bullying, nor does not seeing eye to eye mean someone is a troll, however sniping at people regularly, encouraging members to add someone to their ignore list, announcing a member is on your ignore list, falsely attributing an opinion or pov to someone, suggesting someone is racist, nationalist or a UKIP supporter and being generally abusive, are all examples of the internet bully, imo.

Having agreed with your comment one can see you definitely go out to be a bit provocative on an emotive subject.:)

Trouble with all the ranting above is, Mogg hasn’t promised a 50 year depression.
...just a half century deferred benefit scheme not promised in the original referendum toss-fest, and which he is - now - determined none of us should be able to ratify democratically.

Having agreed with your comment one can see you definitely go out to be a bit provocative on an emotive subject.:)
Not intentionally, believe me. I tend to think it is a response more than me throwing in a grenade, or whatever.

Being brutally frank Brian, just ignore it. If I had a pound for the number of times I've been falsely attributed a pov on an Internet forum I'd be a very rich man. I think you are probably like me in that you say what you think and sometimes people don't like that much honesty especially when they are hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I appreciate you feel bullied and picked on, but from what I've read it isn't anything worse than many others get or I've had in the past on other forums and compared to what some people receive in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world. Just have the courage of your convictions, be the better man and rise above it. It'll make you feel a whole lot better. Sorry if that sounds patronising, it's not meant to, just being honest with you.

I wondered when “match fit” was going to roll of the chubby tongue.

“Boris Johnson has pledged to get the UK “match fit for no deal” to ensure it can leave the EU on 31 October “come what may”.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...fit-for-no-deal-brexit?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

He’s also going to turn base metal into gold.

We in the UK prefer coming second when ‘match fit’ (“come on Tim!”) so I wonder what that means in Brexit terms?

Stephen

Captain Boris appeals to match opponents in Team Labour- help me get it over the line. I’m too slack and too incompetent to do it on my own, so I’m looking for about ten enablers from the other side to help out.

1z6scqb.jpg

Johnson ran as a candidate for London Mayor against a long serving, increasingly unpopular Ken Livingstone at a time when much of his serial lying and duplicity was not as widely appreciated. He had also yet to grab Brexit as his personal vanity vehicle to succeed Cameron. How we laughed at the 'morning after' photo of Johnson and Gove when they realised it had all gone wrong.

He has since alienated vast numbers of voters unconnected with this small cabal electing him Captain of the Titanic. This idea that he will reach voters needed to win a majority is for the birds. He's toxic and will become increasingly so as he has to row back on some of the nonsense used in this absurd hard man pissing contest of a 'campaign'.

Just endured the TV/ photo op of Johnson lumbering round a children’s hospital, sleeves rolled up awkwardly, tie tucked in as though matron was going to shout at him. He looked for all the world like an overweight sixteen year old on a day release /diversion from crime programme . Seriously, that thing is running Britain?

Just endured the TV/ photo op of Johnson lumbering round a children’s hospital, sleeves rolled up awkwardly, tie tucked in as though matron was going to shout at him. He looked for all the world like an overweight sixteen year old on a day release /diversion from crime programme . Seriously, that thing is running Britain?

Nope, Dominic Cummings is running Britain, Boris is just his mouthpiece. Not that that should offer anyone a crumb of comfort btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back