advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance we can stop throwing the words trolling and bullying around in this thread like confetti. No one is bullying anyone, people disagreeing with a poster is not bullying. Likewise just not seeing eye to eye with someone does not make the other person a troll. It's becoming the norm (not just here but in other discussion boards) for members to post views they know are going to stir up debate and then accuse those they stir up of bullying and trolling when they don't like what they get back. Cyber bullying and trolling in the true definitions of the terms are genuinely nasty horrible and sometimes illegal practices and should not be trivialised by people that simply have differing views on Brexit and/or Boris Johnson!

People should always engage in the very best of good faith, and treat each other with loving kindness. There, I said it.

Anyways, back to the debate. I think that £50k seems like quite a measly donation to Boris from the second richest family in Britain, especially with the amount of money they're likely to make from the property deal he approved as London Mayor. :rolleyes: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-billionaire-backers-social-17428672
Johnson controversially gave the nod to Westminster council’s recommendation for the £100 million redevelopment of Millbank Tower by the Reuben brothers.

This week, he revealed he has accepted £50,000 in donations from James Reuben.

Planners had suggested a £57million “financial contribution in mitigation is an appropriate alternative” to affordable homes at the Millbank site, despite there being a chronic shortage of social housing.

Westminster council accepted the “maximum reasonable amount of affordable housing in this instance is zero” and did not request 
any compensation.

And they won’t be able to withhold information from him if he is PM.

Look what happened with Nazaneen Zahari-Radcliffe (sp?)
The parallels with Trump are astonishing. Ten years ago if you’d told people they would have a Prime Minister with this record of behaviour they’d not believe it.

Here you are Brian.
Now STFU.

I've never actually seen that before. He doesn't say that it will take 50 years for Brexit to benefit the economy, he says that the greatest benefit from Brexit 'will take place over the next 50 years'.

The distinction is polar. He hasn't merely been quoted out of context, he has been misquoted.

The 'next 50 years' begins the moment we leave the EU.

Had he meant that then he would have clearly said 'the fifty years following us leaving'?
What benefit might he have in mind?
The generation who voted out dying off and it being possible to rejoin on unfavorable terms?

I've never actually seen that before. He doesn't say that it will take 50 years for Brexit to benefit the economy, he says that the greatest benefit from Brexit 'will take place over the next 50 years'.

The distinction is polar. He hasn't merely been quoted out of context, he has been misquoted.

Sincerely.
P.Dant (Mr.)
Essex.

Had he meant that then he would have clearly said 'the fifty years following us leaving'?
What benefit might he have in mind?
The generation who voted out dying off and it being possible to rejoin on unfavorable terms?

Which is pretty much exactly what he said, and certainly what he meant.

Rejoining on unfavourable terms. Whilst I accept that we are currently faced with a choice between staying on favourable terms or leaving on deeply unfavourable terms (or of course not, as we don't actually have a choice) ie vasselage and colonial status, surely membership of the fabulous EU club, with its enviable democratic structures, its stable single currency, its buoyant, open economies, and its enormous clout on the world stage, under any terms at all constitutes 'favourable'? After all, what's a few billion one way or another when you have all of those advantages?

This is now the most likely scenario, in my opinion.

Only a matter of time now before Scotland leaves the Union.
I sadly agree. I used to be against Scotland leaving the Union, because I thought we were greater than the sum of our parts. Of late, I've started to feel like England, principally the attitudes of its people and the hegemony of its ruling elites, is a weight round the neck of the UK.

And they won’t be able to withhold information from him if he is PM.

Look what happened with Nazaneen Zahari-Radcliffe (sp?)

100% this ^^^^^

BoJo has pretty much insulted every country, race and culture out there. Do we really want a PM whose diplomacy skills are displayed in just a snippet below

• Calling women wearing the burqa “letter boxes” and “bank robbers”
  • Writing a poem about the Turkish President having sex with a goat
  • Describing Commonwealth citizens as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”
  • Calling Papua New Guinea a country with “orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing”
  • “The only thing they’ve got to do is clear the dead bodies away and then we’ll be there,” he “joked” while talking about Libya’s potential to be the “next Dubai”.
  • Johnson recited a colonial-era Rudyard Kipling poem in Myanmar – which voices the nostalgia of a British serviceman for the former UK colony – at a sacred Buddhist site in front of dignitaries during an official visit in 2017. The British ambassador stopped him in his tracks: “No. Not appropriate.”
  • Calling gay men “tank-topped bumboys”

100% this ^^^^^

BoJo has pretty much insulted every country, race and culture out there. Do we really want a PM whose diplomacy skills are displayed in just a snippet below

• Calling women wearing the burqa “letter boxes” and “bank robbers”
  • Writing a poem about the Turkish President having sex with a goat
  • Describing Commonwealth citizens as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”
  • Calling Papua New Guinea a country with “orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing”
  • “The only thing they’ve got to do is clear the dead bodies away and then we’ll be there,” he “joked” while talking about Libya’s potential to be the “next Dubai”.
  • Johnson recited a colonial-era Rudyard Kipling poem in Myanmar – which voices the nostalgia of a British serviceman for the former UK colony – at a sacred Buddhist site in front of dignitaries during an official visit in 2017. The British ambassador stopped him in his tracks: “No. Not appropriate.”
  • Calling gay men “tank-topped bumboys”
Alas, he will just slot right in to place. Enough people want him there to enable their agenda...

The water cannon deal he made with Germany will become his albatross when de piffle is voted in as pm, imho.

He won't last long!

Sadly he reflects the mindset of Brexit England. Johnson is many things, none good, but he does fully understand his demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back