advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Tory chaos in full effect!

"Boris Johnson is standing down as the Tory MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, triggering an immediate by-election. Comes after Privileges Committee recommended suspension of more than 10 days." https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1667246044512505865

Trump and Britain Trump on the same day. Spooky.
Gets out before he’s thrown out and provides vengeance against the PM and the Party he parasitised for personal advancement.

The potty mouthed canary to take on “The Blob” where ever they may be. It’s pure Marjorie Taylor Greene:

OapUtUe.jpg

“To the journalists calling me tonight, just to clarify I am certainly not resigning. It’s a great honour to serve my constituents & our great country. The unjust events & BorisJohnson resignation tonight has made me more determined to stand up to the blob wherever they reside.”

was listening to the radio and a lunatic caller claimed BJ was the honest savvy, clever and honest politician in the world.....truly deluded

Rejoice, let us bring harmony where there is discord etc….Dorries ends it all at the same time as her master - all very Ancient Greece, Roman type stuff so BJs degree in the classics came in useful after all.

The success of the Trumpian approach is deeply concerning. Not only does it dismiss truth and integrity, it opens the doors to a whole clutch of callous, cavalier liars who care little for people or politics. The fact that 15% of the mentioned vote would put Johnson on a plinth is disturbing. A sizeable chunk of people who think like him. Bewildering really. For me ,he was an incompetent spoiled child and possibly psychopathic. I enjoy speaking about him in the past tense, at last.

The success of the Trumpian approach is deeply concerning. Not only does it dismiss truth and integrity, it opens the doors to a whole clutch of callous, cavalier liars who care little for people or politics. The fact that 15% of the mentioned vote would put Johnson on a plinth is disturbing. A sizeable chunk of people who think like him. Bewildering really. For me ,he was an incompetent spoiled child and possibly psychopathic. I enjoy speaking about him in the past tense, at last.
It’s certainly Bannonesque. ‘Flood the zone with sh1t’ wasn’t it? Once again, we are talking about nothing else than Johnson. He loves it.

I’m sure the timing was not completely unrelated to the fact that HIGNFY is filmed on Thursdays

It's his usual pathetic deflection. The Priviledges Committee report will be damning, more importantly the COVID enquiry may take forever but the segmented approach will mean UK's preparation and handling of the first wave will report earlier and Johnson will not come out well.

The austerity run down of preparation for pandemics, the missed Cobra meetings, the shaking hands with COVID patients and consideration he gave to being injected with it on TV, the crucial nine days delay in lockdown during which infected cases went from something like 190,000 to over 1.2M which gave the UK among the very worst early death rates.

That's without the care home scandal, the PPE corruption and more delayed lockdowns plus the absurd "eat out to help out" superspreading.

Plenty to remind people of exactly how effectively Boris "he's a larf" Johnson led the UK's response.

It's his usual pathetic deflection. The Priviledges Committee report will be damning, more importantly the COVID enquiry may take forever but the segmented approach will mean UK's preparation and handling of the first wave will report earlier and Johnson will not come out well.

The austerity run down of preparation for pandemics, the missed Cobra meetings, the shaking hands with COVID patients and consideration he gave to being injected with it on TV, the crucial nine days delay in lockdown during which infected cases went from something like 190,000 to over 1.2M which gave the UK among the very worst early death rates.

That's without the care home scandal, the PPE corruption and more delayed lockdowns plus the absurd "eat out to help out" superspreading.

Plenty to remind people of exactly how effectively Boris "he's a larf" Johnson led the UK's response.
It’s all deflection. He’s slipped away down side alleys for years but he can’t hide now. About bloody time.

BloJo's 'honours' (sic) list apparently has one inclusion that will particularly cause PE reader's eyebrows to rise. CF the back pages on Teeside, etc. Even the BBC have started sniffing and investigating this. Wonder if they would have been able to under their previous boss...

Overall, it is a glowing example of what is wrong with the system. Even 'working' Lords are complaining because the bulk of the cronies never show up and do any scrutiny work... for which we more generally may perhaps be thankful! The number of 'non functional' lords needs pruning, not building.

advertisement

Back