advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

So the country is up shit creek without a paddle and the conservatives leave the lying toad, that none of them trust, in power until they vote for a new leader. And they tell us that the country must come first. It doesn’t look that way.

By your own account you live in a ‘safe’ seat. Millions don’t vote as they fully grasp doing so is a waste of their time and an insult to their intelligence. If you want compulsory voting you first certainly need to offer representation for that vote.

Of course. It’s therefore wrong to hang off the ‘minority govt’ stuff with that backdrop. We have the system we have and it’s unlikely to be changed by the 2 main parties for obvious reasons. Although the SNP would no longer be grossly over represented so maybe not such a bad thing.

So the country is up shit creek without a paddle and the conservatives leave the lying toad, that none of them trust, in power until they vote for a new leader. And they tell us that the country must come first. It doesn’t look that way.
Like Jimmy Savile in plain sight- they’re either unwilling or able to bring him to book.

It’s an unprecedented situation; a PM who simply refuses to stand down, and who can’t be sacked. The best option is for the 1922 Committee to speed up the leadership election process so that Boris is gone in weeks rather than months.

Failing that, I guess a Labour-led vote of no confidence could work, but only if the vote was specifically of no confidence in the PM rather than in the Government, and I don’t know if that would be allowed.

The problem is not with people not voting, it's our screwy electoral system that allows minority groups to elect radical governments. Johnson was right about one thing, in that if the majority parties ever got their act together they could pass electoral reform that would put the Tories out of power for a generation.

Except, of course it wouldn't put them out of power but rather force them not to be such a far right party with policies like sending refugees to Rwanda.

True PR could legitimately put some very unsavoury people at extreme ends of the spectrum at the table. I’m not talking about conservatives…

Andrea Jenkyns today giving the crowd the finger!

FXEYcCUVQAAX65W

And so emblematic of the entire Tory government attitude to the UK population.

Many that vote for them get fvcked over by their vile contemptible policies, yet continue to believe the excuses and never-ending stream of insidious Tory propaganda. Stockholm syndrome me thinks.

John

In which case voting should be compulsory. Can’t help it if people can’t be arsed. When you think the countries where people have to fight for the right to vote it does make you wonder.

Dunno think it's a bit pointless forcing people to vote, Greece has a 99% turnout for example and the same with Australia doesn't mean you'll get a decent government plus the people who don't vote (ie me) are actually voting for the status quo.

Dunno think it's a bit pointless forcing people to vote, Greece has a 99% turnout for example and the same with Australia doesn't mean you'll get a decent government plus the people who don't vote (ie me) are actually voting for the status quo.

Maybe, but it would stop all this no majority of the popular vote stuff.

The wedding party story seems to have legs. The pair of grifters need to hang on in Downing St so he can celebrate his third wedding to his seventh mistress at Chequers. I know it’s short notice but there must be some short staffed, prawn balls in the freezer country pub that would jump at the business?

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1545045540244578304?s=21&t=sJojYXxjJqIIYTTP3uYl2A
“One Tory source told the Mirror: "It beggars belief that even after all the criticism Johnson has faced regarding integrity and probity, one of the reasons he is staying is to have his wedding party at Chequers.

"It's a national asset not his personal home. The Johnsons should do the decent thing and find a different venue. And Boris should do the decent thing and leave No 10 immediately".

The wedding party story seems to have legs. The pair of grifters need to hang on in Downing St so he can celebrate his third wedding to his seventh mistress at Chequers. I know it’s short notice but there must be some short staffed, prawn balls in the freezer country pub that would jump at the business?

That’s no good, Boris would only go and hide in the freezer. Anyway, ‘wedding party’? Aren’t they already married?

Also in The Guardian now:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-is-finding-somewhere-to-live-says-biographer

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...st-july-wedding-party-with-carrie-at-chequers

advertisement

Back