advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

One has to wonder who buys this paper though ‘Buccaneer and charming rogue’ anyone?

lcimg-061fe89a-28e9-4c11-b29c-d8a142b71c77.png
That particular newspaper headline was missed off the BBC’s list on newspaper headlines this morning. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-65047174

I
wonder why

I missed the live action yesterday but saw a few clips this morning. He was answering the committee with preprepared rebuttals obviously constructed by his legal counsel ( that we are paying for) delivered with his usual arrogance and attempts to implicate and smear others. The old trick too of “these images of me at so called parties have been churning around the media for a year now” - the well worn “it’s time to move on” ploy where the criminal gets to define his own statute of limitations.

He is a man constitutionally unable to accept responsibility for anything yet has no similar inability to seek praise and take credit for the work of others. He was Prime Minister and the buck stopped with him. The tosser should have resigned at the time, no he needs to face the judgement of his constituents in a recall.

It's a terrible comparison. My cat can lick it's own arse. Boris Johnson needs the Daily Mail to do it.
I thought Sarah Vile was doing another ‘reachin out to Boris offer a shoulder to lean on’ as she did with Prince Harry, in language which was creepily sexualised, utterly hypocritical too since she and her now ex-husband brought down Johnson in his first attempt to take the party leadership. No honour among thieves.

£10 says that he gets suspended and then recalled. Then loses the by-election, so pops up again in Mad Nads vacant consituency and gets re-elected at the general election. Comeback complete, and then elected leader of the Tories. All the time basking in media glory.

£10 says that he gets suspended and then recalled. Then loses the by-election, so pops up again in Mad Nads vacant consituency and gets re-elected at the general election. Comeback complete, and then elected leader of the Tories. All the time basking in media glory.
I'll take the other side of that bet. You may as well send me the tenner now.

One unspeakable, the other unflushable.

Reactions: PsB
Johnson has enjoyed a lifetime of privilege without accountability. It helped make him into a strong political campaigner, but a weak prime minister.

What struck me most about the evidence presented was his inability to confront difficult decisions. Even with the official photographer present, he couldn't bring himself to stop the party.

One has to wonder who buys this paper though ‘Buccaneer and charming rogue’ anyone?

lcimg-061fe89a-28e9-4c11-b29c-d8a142b71c77.png

Well to be fair Boris had a face like thunder at times and as far as agile as a cat is concerned I’d say more like a flatulent flounder.
With piggy eyes darting left and right he was the epitome of shiftyness.
He will, no doubt, escape Scot free though.

Well to be fair Boris had a face like thunder at times and as far as agile as a cat is concerned I’d say more like a flatulent flounder.
With piggy eyes darting left and right he was the epitome of shiftyness.
He will, no doubt, escape Scot free though.
There’s film of him in the Mayor’s seat at a Council meeting and he pulls the same stunt. The death stare, scanning the room like a Poundland Caligula. It’s like a 14 year old who thinks he can bluster his way out of trouble, a bit of Johnson that still believes he’s world king.

Wait till he gets sight if the committee’s final report prior to publication- he has three weeks to undermine it, smear the committee members and implicate as many others as he can, with the aid of his imperial cult in the Commons, the DM, Spectator, Telegraph, Sun and the rest. Own Paterson must be kicking himself that his support caved in prematurely.

I only caught an hour or so. Looked like a entitled posh lying twat to me. I’m embarrassed to live in a society where shit like this rises to the top, yet it does so all the time. The UK deserves to be the dumpster fire it is.

Big Dog dig bog.

Let's hope he gets stuck in there...

He's going to get less than a 10 day suspension because the Tories know a by-election would be a humiliation not just for Johnson but for the party.
I’m not so sure. Even those (with the obvious exception of the Pretorian Guard of Rees-Mogg, Dorries, Gullis, Benton et al) Tories who would previously have invested in him as a vote winner are now coming to regard him as an enormously chaotic liability and damaged goods.

I’m not so sure. Even those (with the obvious exception of the Pretorian Guard of Rees-Mogg, Dorries, Gullis, Benton et al) Tories who would previously have invested in him as a vote winner are now coming to regard him as an enormously chaotic liability and damaged goods.

I do hope you're right, but poll quoted on Peston last night had Sunak doing actually slightly worse than Johnson.
https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1638656678219460610

On QT tonight. Not one hand raised to support Johnson, though I suppose the mood in the hall signalled summary execution for anyone who did.

advertisement

Back