advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Media: “pitch perfect” (Twitter).

Media, again: “pitch perfect” (Twitter).

Alternative perspective (Twitter).

PS I didn’t watch it, I’m listening to a Rough Trade limited edition of the new Wombo album that arrived a day early thanks to the Royal Mail Strike being cancelled due to monarchy. Apparently that happens.

PS I didn’t watch it, I’m listening to a Rough Trade limited edition of the new Wombo album that arrived a day early thanks to the Royal Mail Strike being cancelled due to monarchy. Apparently that happens.
Yes, just look at the public responses to what are incredibly ill judged statements- ‘Johnson, pitch perfect’. He’s gone, he needs to be shut down. For good.

I prefer James O'Brien on twitter. https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1568279117975457793
No matter how flowery your language or forgetful your fans, you can either respect the monarchy & revere the late Queen or you can send Jacob Rees-Mogg to Balmoral to mislead her about the unlawful proroguing of her Parliament. You clearly & categorically can’t do both.

Ian Dale and other sycophants had come to praise Boris, not eulogise the Queen and it looked pretty coordinated. The Boris Re-election Campaign starts here. There’s a shamelessness to it that they think everyone else is oblivious to.

The opera ain’t over till the corrupt fat Boris sings. The VIP Lane is coming back to haunt Britain’s most corrupt PM in a century.
Baroness Mone has been caught bang to rights after putting together a dirty little deal that cost the public £200 m for dud PPE the NHS couldn’t use while she and her family took tens of millions in secret payments from the entity she put forward.
To put the £200m in perspective, Mone is small fry- there are other friends and family connected with the Tories who enriched themselves beyond even the grasping Baroness Mone’s wildest imaginings.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rompt-anger-in-commons?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“This get-rich-quick scheme to fast-track cronies, politically connected pals and colleagues was never going to end well. I suspect that today’s revelations, however shocking, are simply the tip of a very large iceberg – an iceberg that could yet sink this ship of fools,”.

…an iceberg that could yet sink this ship of fools,”.

It won’t. Nothing bad will happen to them at all.

Even if the Tories get a drubbing at the next GE, it will have little if anything to do with this, and none of the individuals involved will face any censure.

Even if the Tories get a drubbing at the next GE, it will have little if anything to do with this, and none of the individuals involved will face any censure.

But why, or why not (serious question, not point scoring)

.sjb

Absolutely right. Their voters, especially the recently acquired, couldn't care less about the cronyism or corruption on a massive scale - it's too big to contemplate. Benefit claiments getting a few quid or refugees being provided with habitable lodgings - now that would get them frothing.

advertisement

Back