advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Reading that article in the Guardian just sickens me. Theses people don’t give a damn for the country and yet they are in elite positions. They will have riches that the majority could only dream of and If it was all gained through hard work and well earned I would say good luck to them, but it’s just greed and deceit.

Mone’s a scumbag

Someone is going to do jail time once all of this sh it is out in the wash.

"A company linked to the Conservative peer Michelle Mone that was awarded £203m-worth of government PPE contracts during the pandemic has been issued with a winding up petition, apparently for unpaid taxes.

PPE Medpro Ltd was awarded two contracts via the government’s “VIP lane” after Lady Mone approached Michael Gove in May 2020 with an offer to supply personal protective equipment. It is already under investigation by the National Crime Agency (NCA) for potential fraud."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic..._medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1662055202
As Liz Truss said, "the Conservatives keep their word".

Yet. She’s a Tory so will be open for business.

She's left a trail of destruction wherever she's been, no doubt she'll do the same to her current partner.

She actually comes from a real poor working class area of Glasgow, Dalmarnock.

I used to work with a Dutch guy who knew Jan De Vries don't ever recall him saying he was dodgy though De Vries used to have a health food shop in Shawlands don't know if its still there though.

TrimSecrets and weight loss[edit]
TrimSecrets were weight loss pills originally formulated by the naturopath, Jan de Vries. The product also consisted of diet and exercise advice.[11] In 2006 MJM formed a joint venture with Jan de Vries, taking a 50% share in the product.[12][11] Mone claimed that exercise and reduced caloric intake had no effect on her weight and has credited TrimSecrets pills with her weight loss.[11] Mone also incorrectly claimed the efficacy of the product had been proven in clinical trials, but when questioned further, she explained that circa 60 users had completed a questionnaire but was unable to produce the results.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Mone,_Baroness_Mone

How ironic that he has to get up early to get a flight to Scotland to tender his resignation. As his replacement said- popular from Kyiv to Carlisle ( without much in between). Hope there’s a nice welcoming committee of the public to wave him on his way. His speech this morning attributes his sacking to “rule changes”. I’d assumed that lying and several other types of misconduct in public office were always covered by the rules?
I would love to be a fly in the wall at Balmoral where he’s going to get his bananas straightened after he held yet another piss up the night before the funeral for her husband of seventy odd years.

A rare example of a journalist breaking the omerta of the media class:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/06/boris-johnson-reckless-dishonest-leadership
It was never going to happen. Boris Johnson was never going to walk into Downing Street, tuck in his shirt, brush his hair and retire the qualities that had defined his life and career: dishonesty, a lack of seriousness, laziness and amorality. The fact that he was carried into No 10 on a wave of media and political support is an indictment of a political culture that saw all of those qualities and thought, you know what, he’ll do just fine.

He didn’t, of course. And it has been a surreal experience watching a nation seeing “Boris” unravel before them. It has been like watching a play in which the actors continually switch scripts – one minute they are Johnson lovers, the next Johnson haters. Overnight, the politicians who brought him to power, who stood by him at his absolute worst moments, switched parts and soberly resigned in disgust at his actions. Papers that cheered for him as he flew into No 10 and brushed aside his mishandling of the pandemic, turned too. In his final hours, the Daily Mail called him a “greased piglet”, and asked if he could “wriggle out of this”. A more important question should have been asked: who greased him?
I'm sure we won't have to wait long for Johnson's rehabilitation, now that he's "done the right thing".

Maybe the BBC will let him host a special edition of HIGNFY.

advertisement

Back