advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

I don't think even Liz Truss is dim enough to repeat Theresa May's mistake. They'd be trounced.
But I wonder if she might be dim enough and deluded enough to think that she’s better and her policies more liked than May, so the outcome would be different this time round. So many failures to learn from the past, this might just be another.

Maybe she reads pfm and ‘likes’ all the posts telling us that the Tories will win the next General Election.

Or, in more modern phraseology, she thinks ‘Truss has read about Starmer in pfm and Truss now believes she could beat that boring old fart easily-peasily lemon-squeezily’.

Domestic energy increases are bad enough (just as an example my supplier offered me the chance of a "great fixed deal now", which doubled the monthly cost of the standard variable tariff we currently have that was enforced when the last fixed deals expired and were no longer offered for renewal last year) but imagine the pressures on schools, hospitals etc having to find the funding to meet these increases without cutting services more than the Tories already want to do to fund useless tax cuts for those that dont pay tax and are most affected proportionately by rising energy costs

Shock,horror Boris Johnson went to work today for a meeting with energy suppliers. Didn't make any decisions though that would be too much to ask.

But I wonder if she might be dim enough and deluded enough to think that she’s better and her policies more liked than May, so the outcome would be different this time round. So many failures to learn from the past, this might just be another.

You can get 11/1 on an election this year.

That's the definition of madness, isn't it? Do the same thing in the expectation of a different result?

Shock,horror Boris Johnson went to work today for a meeting with energy suppliers. Didn't make any decisions though that would be too much to ask.
Boris Johnson went to work today, isn't that an oxymoron? Just add another one to the bunch of morons who are supposedly governing the country.

Strengthen my cheese hand.

iu

why aren’t Labour saying this kind of thing? I am hearing absolutely nothing from Starmer.

I've come to the unavoidable conclusion that he's a bit shit. Though to be fair I'm struggling to think of a party leader I have liked.

My overriding memory of Gordon Brown is him appearing on GMTV the day after Susan Boyle lost the final of Britain's Got Talent to say he was very worried about her and had rang up to check she was OK. WTF?

Boris Johnson went to work today, isn't that an oxymoron? Just add another one to the bunch of morons who are supposedly governing the country.
It appears he insisted on staying in office until his successor is elected so that he could hold parties at government properties, keep taking the pay and perks and go on holiday. Much like the rest of his time in office and they’ll be praising him as he leaves, like Trump’s followers did with the great man there. Britain’s fall has been dramatic, now Truss is being handed a shovel to bury its reputation once and for all.

It appears he only insisted as staying in office until his successor is elected so that he could hold parties at government properties and go on holiday. Much like the rest of his time in office and they’ll be praising him as he leaves, like Trump’s followers did with the great man there.

That's a bit unfair. By all accounts he's been working very hard on working out which donors and newspaper barons will get a peerage in his resignation honours list in exchange for helping his ailing finances.

advertisement

Back