advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the next election will still be about Brexit. The Tories are mining a rich seam in the red wall. And once again, Labour will not dare to get off the fence.

It would seem to me the only way to differentiate themselves from the Tories is to go anti-Brexit. If they had taken that tack and lost the last election maybe they would have an open goal next time. That is probably wishful thinking but at least at this point they would have an alternative option to present. Couple that with embracing more devolution from Scotland and Wales that would be a story to sell.

It would seem to me the only way to differentiate themselves from the Tories is to go anti-Brexit. If they had taken that tack and lost the last election maybe they would have an open goal next time. That is probably wishful thinking but at least at this point they would have an alternative option to present. Couple that with embracing more devolution from Scotland and Wales that would be a story to sell.
It’s now become a contest for “Most Authentic English Nationalist Party” and I don’t use that as a pejorative but as a simple electoral reality. The battleground for Labour and Conservative is now focussed firmly on England and I get that. They just need to be honest about it.

The wagons are circling round Pincher.
In The Times:

“Johnson’s director of communications sparked fury on Friday by likening Pincher to David Kelly — the weapons expert who killed himself in 2003 following leaks of the Blair government’s “sexed-up” Iraq dossier. Guto Harri was discussing the disgraced MP’s struggle to cope with the public scrutiny”.

Shows how low the Downing St lie machine under Johnson will stoop-making the perp out to be the victim.

Poundshop Harvey Weinstein in a prior assault on Olympic rower Alex Story: “you’ll go far in the Conservative Party…”:

“He then rushed into another room saying ‘let me just slip into something more comfortable’ and returned in a bathrobe like a pound shop Harvey Weinstein, with his chest and belly sticking out. It was as if I had been transported into a Carry On movie scene, with him reading lines from a rather sordid script. My initial thought was to laugh, not least because Chris is very small and – at the time, a little portly – and I’m close to 6ft 8in and have years of training as a rower behind me”

Or they could always try supporting workers fighting for better pay and conditions.

Nah forget it. That's just crazy talk.

That's a strange idea. It is too far fetched I mean why would they do that?

Fintan has produced a lovely article in this weekends Irish Times Headline below. Maybe Starmer will take out a subscription and get some new ideas. The headline is below.
Maybe the working class, the young and what used to be the broad middle class will cop on and figure out if all media presenters, Tories, Ponty's/EV's of the world and the mega rich are against unions you need to do the opposite.

A little snippet

'If you want to make sure that the lion’s share of all the new wealth being created goes to those who are already wealthy, your best bet has been to make unions seem, as they do to so many young people, like mere vestiges of a fading past.'

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/2022/06/29/fintan-otoole-want-to-change-the-world-join-a-union/

Want to change the world? Join a union
Young workers are realising that being a ‘team member’ is no substitute for the power of the collective

The wagons are circling round Pincher.
In The Times:

“Johnson’s director of communications sparked fury on Friday by likening Pincher to David Kelly — the weapons expert who killed himself in 2003 following leaks of the Blair government’s “sexed-up” Iraq dossier. Guto Harri was discussing the disgraced MP’s struggle to cope with the public scrutiny”.

Shows how low the Downing St lie machine under Johnson will stoop-making the perp out to be the victim.

Poundshop Harvey Weinstein in a prior assault on Olympic rower Alex Story: “you’ll go far in the Conservative Party…”:

“He then rushed into another room saying ‘let me just slip into something more comfortable’ and returned in a bathrobe like a pound shop Harvey Weinstein, with his chest and belly sticking out. It was as if I had been transported into a Carry On movie scene, with him reading lines from a rather sordid script. My initial thought was to laugh, not least because Chris is very small and – at the time, a little portly – and I’m close to 6ft 8in and have years of training as a rower behind me”
Strangely the image of Lord (nee Seb.) Coe came to mind when I read that, I'm not sure why:confused::confused:

Today's highly topical Times offering.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F909b145e-faeb-11ec-88db-ae1b6b9bdd3e.jpg

They're quoting it on the BBC rolling live coverage. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62048657

When asked about the denials coming from No 10, McDonald said: “I do not think that is the way to behave.”

“It’s very unusual for a retired official to do what I have done this morning. I did it by myself because what I have seen and read over the last few days I knew to be wrong.

“Things get to a point where you have to do the right thing.”

Here is his letter to Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards (Hoho!):
https://twitter.com/SimonMcDonaldUK/status/1544206976820854784
Now watch the greased piglet wriggle his way around that one, too.
McDonald will be in for a monstering from the DM/Sun/Express in the usual affected and exaggerated sense of propriety you see from the political Right. Never mind that the party is riddled with sex offenders and grifters, a senior civil servant has broken his sacred oath of silence!
McDonald and the Permanent Secretaries were cleared out for the very reason that they would uphold standards in office and refuse to collude with unethical and illegal behaviour from the Prime Minister and his Ministers. They got the memo from Cummings- a hard rain was going to fall on the Civil Service and lo! it came to pass.

BBC News app- first four articles: Pincher Boris Pincher Boris etc etc -in other words the history of constitutional lying by the Prime Minister, not the sex pest working for him.

Just listening to Raab making a disingenuous ass of himself in news interviews over Johnson being caught lying again.

The ITV one was a complete car crash- his weasel words, someone who’s supposed to be lawyer.

Take a look at the video of Cabinet, not a happy bunch ( who’s going to be forced into the studios to lie for Big Dog again?):

https://twitter.com/iandunt/status/1544253286915661824?s=21&t=ybn10R_JPq_BlQ6ZUExSIw

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back