advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty grim isn’t it, when a U.K. minister can be distinguished for not being a lying incompetent? It’s the same phenomenon when people breath a sigh of relief that Jeremy Bell-End Hunt is going to run for leadership of the Party. Qualifications: odious politics but apparently not criminal.
It's not even a good choice. Zawahi has debased himself, bulshitting for Boris, as much as any minister I can think of (with the exception of Nadine Dorries, who is in a league of her own).

It's not even a good choice. Zawahi has debased himself, bulshitting for Boris, as much as any minister I can think of (with the exception of Nadine Dorries, who is in a league of her own).
I know Nadine has been compared with Marjorie Taylor Greene but I think she’s even now been downgraded -to Lauren Boebert but with fewer aualifications. The sole use for this Cabinet seems to be to attract the flies away from Johnson.

Meanwhile, the search for the good Tory continues...

FVUXNPqXEAk_iDq
Someone who claimed expenses for heating his horses’ stables ‘seems capable of feeling shame’. Got to love centrists!
I always wondered why the majority of Tories got away with clearly egregious offences.

Bewildering choice. Zahawi is known in my house as Comical Ali for his practised act as regime propagandist. Shapps is next on the list, but even less convincing as he projects a trustworthiness rating somewhere behind Private Walker of Dad's Army.

Maybe he'll stay in Kyiv and pretend to be stuck there due to the war so as to avoid coming back and facing the music. He can get all dressed up in camo like Zelensky and pretend he's front line.

You’re kidding! The corrupt fat b****rd out in Kyiv again right after three European heads of state? There’s a surprise. Politics of the moment, in the sound bite. Expect Truss to attempt an upstage.

Zelensky to his aides this morning :- "Bugger, Boris is coming - are there any sandwiches left over from yesterday?"

Zelensky to his aides this morning :- "Bugger, Boris is coming - are there any sandwiches left over from yesterday?"
Looks like Boris tossed the NaRGs off for a date with Zelensky. Expected in Doncaster but turns up in Kyiv.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...red-wall-england-north?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
“Members of the 50-strong Northern Research Group (NRG) of Tory MPs were promised that Johnson would be the headline speaker at their event for hundreds of activists – hours before he was due to speak.

It later emerged that the prime minister was in Ukraine, meeting President Volodymyr Zelenskiy. A source told the Guardian that a meeting between Johnson and Zelenskiy on Friday had been scheduled in the “government grid” for at least a week”.

I know Nadine has been compared with Marjorie Taylor Greene but I think she’s even now been downgraded -to Lauren Boebert but with fewer aualifications. The sole use for this Cabinet seems to be to attract the flies away from Johnson.
Just planted some broccoli in open ground to attract butterflies away from my netted crop on the other side of the garden. It seems to me that, as you say, Nadine Dorries fulfils a similar role. She is sacrificial broccoli.

Didn't Spitting Images depict Thatcher's government as cabbages, or is my memory playing tricks?

Boris Johnson on TV talking about the NI a protocol saying he will bring down east-west barriers and not put up north-south barriers.

The man who made his career on put up barriers, who personally negotiated to put up barriers, who wrote the NI protocol to put up barriers, now what’s to bring down barriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back