advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he provided a long letter explaining his reasons for quitting. If that’s true, a) Mr Johnson is lying about it being a mystery (hardly surprising) and b) I really hope it leaks!

The letter is apparently being released later along with a written response from Britain Trump, i.e. the Tories censored it until they could immediately counter it. Obviously whether we get the full thing, or a redacted form is anyone’s guess.

The letter is apparently being released later along with a written response from Britain Trump, i.e. the Tories censored it until they could immediately counter it. Obviously whether we get the full thing, or a redacted form is anyone’s guess.

My gut feeling is they didn't release it (as is the convention) because they didn't like the contents. But they failed to grasp that not releasing it just made the contents even more of a story. So now they're forced into another u-turn.

This government just isn't very good at the basic business of government. The cabinet is a talent vacuum and I imagine many senior civil servants are now choosing to look the other way rather than step in and try and avert the government's almost daily blunders.

This government just isn't very good at the basic business of government.

The ‘business of government’ is purely protecting the corrupt criminal narcissism of Boris Johnson. This trajectory has removed anyone with any integrity from the Conservative Party and it now exists entirely in a moral vacuum quite happy to lie, cheat, and happily sell fascism to protect Britain Trump. Like the Republican Party in the USA there is nothing credible or decent left. It has been entirely subverted.

Apparently he provided a long letter explaining his reasons for quitting. If that’s true, a) Mr Johnson is lying about it being a mystery (hardly surprising) and b) I really hope it leaks!
John Grace suggested he gets the job or Lebedev that gets it next. I think Rudi Guiliani is the most appropriate choice.

4cb1f2b57f79858642dac9e57e586376806e79eb.jpeg
Also Peter Brookes:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd22a9bf4-85af-11e6-9270-cf26736cb244.jpg

Clearly a fearless and committed anti-racist.

Also Peter Brookes:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd22a9bf4-85af-11e6-9270-cf26736cb244.jpg

Clearly a fearless and committed anti-racist.

The well known migrant crossing from Liverpool to Birkenhead.

PS I don’t understand the cartoon. Was he perhaps suggesting Corbyn was so clueless he didn’t even know where the issue was? A comment on him wasting every PMQs on bus timetables etc?

PS I don’t understand the cartoon. Was he perhaps suggesting Corbyn was so clueless he didn’t even know where the issue was? A comment on him wasting every PMQs on bus timetables etc?
No, he was suggesting that Corbyn was pro-migrant, which put him beyond the pale of mainstream British politics.

Lord Git (who he?)- to paraphrase James Melville- “Boris’s silly vassal” and “with no power comes little responsibility”.

That reminded me of a quote by another Melville, Whyte, that oddly and entirely randomly came into my mind earlier yesterday;

"I freely admit that the best of my fun, I owe it to whores and hounds!"

I might not have got that quite right. Anyway, carry on.

It was published the day after the Labour Party conference in Liverpool concluded. Corbyn had said he was unwilling to put a figure on the number of migrants the UK should accept.

I wasn't a fan of Corbyn as party leader but that cartoon is horrific. There's not even a punchline - it's simply racist fear mongering.

No, he was suggesting that Corbyn was pro-migrant, which put him beyond the pale of mainstream British politics.

Was Corbyn pro-unlimited and unchecked immigration?

If so, that would have put him beyond the pale of mainstream EUropean politics too. Except, very briefly a while back, Germany.

I don't think being unwilling to put a figure on the number of migrants should be inferred as being in favour of unlimited and unchecked immigration. Corbyn no doubt realised that, whatever the number he gave, it would be used against him.

He was certainly a bit of a fence sitter. Some might say that he had to be, given the breadth of the Labour church.

Was Corbyn pro-unlimited and unchecked immigration?

If so, that would have put him beyond the pale of mainstream EUropean politics too. Except, very briefly a while back, Germany.
You are Natalie Elphicke and I claim my binoculars and walkie-talkie.

You are Natalie Elphicke and I claim my binoculars and walkie-talkie.

I had to look her up, and noticed the accurate shot to the foot prior to you adding the vid.

Anyway, very funny. Except one small thing, what do I have in common with her, or indeed with that slightly awkward confrontation?

Boris will be quite happy. Why would a PM that’s so unethical want an ethics advisor that can blow the whistle on him.

It was published the day after the Labour Party conference in Liverpool concluded. Corbyn had said he was unwilling to put a figure on the number of migrants the UK should accept.

I wasn't a fan of Corbyn as party leader but that cartoon is horrific. There's not even a punchline - it's simply racist fear mongering.
Thanks Paul, I didn't know about the context but the racism is completely obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back