advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Bojo has come out against working at home because there’s too much temptation to eat cheese (Daily Mail front page I kid you not)

Now Bojo has come out against working at home because there’s too much temptation to eat cheese (Daily Mail front page I kid you not)

That’s the only sensible thing he’s said in a whole lifetime spent as an absurdly posh twunt trying to be a politician.

Any chance someone who can bring themselves to do so could post the front page with that on?

Sorry to ask, but I just can’t.

Is this the first time Boris has actually told the truth?
“My experience of working from home is you spend an awful lot of time making another cup of coffee and then, you know, getting up, walking very slowly to the fridge, hacking off a small piece of cheese, then walking very slowly back to your laptop and then forgetting what it was you’re doing,” he told the Daily Mail.

Didn't he also say something about useless, feckless people a while back? Does he always project his own faults onto others who weren't born into an extreme level of privilege (helped by the EU funding his Eton scholarship allegedly).
I'm sure he only took his supply of cheese out to find a place to hide from challenging questions like "what happened to the oven ready deal you fat, useless twunt?"

This Guardian op-ed is about Suella Braverman, but the role of Boris is writ large.https://www.theguardian.com/comment...thy-of-respect-suella-the-stooge-disgraces-it
Ireland was the scene of a Boris Johnson masterclass in deception. In the 2019 election, he fooled millions into believing his “oven-ready deal” would “Get Brexit Done!” and we need not worry about the warnings of John Major, Tony Blair and Theresa May of the threat to the Northern Ireland settlement. Johnson’s straight lie that his withdrawal agreement would not put a border in the Irish Sea – “over my dead body,” he cried and yet the border is there and Johnson still lives – fooled the supposedly hard-nosed Democratic Unionist party. Finally, he conned the European Union into believing he was a man of his word when he signed a treaty confirming Northern Ireland’s special status that he had no intention of honouring.

Jeremy Hunt's new book on how badly the NHS is run is serialised on the front page of the Sunday Times this morning.

If only he'd been able to do something about it as, er, Health Secretary for five years until 2018.

Reminder that his previous contribution was a book calling on the NHS to be privatised.

Bookies have him neck and neck with 'Mini Maggie' Truss to be next Conservative leader. God help the NHS.

13bogyN.png

Jeremy Hunt's new book on how badly the NHS is run is serialised on the front page of the Sunday Times this morning.

If only he'd been able to do something about it as, er, Health Secretary for five years until 2018.

Reminder that his previous contribution was a book calling on the NHS to be privatised.

Bookies have him neck and neck with 'Mini Maggie' Truss to be next Conservative leader. God help the NHS.

13bogyN.png

Don't you think that would be a massive vote loser for the Tories?

The scary thing is Hunt is almost certainly the least Trump/Tea Party-like candidate in the running. I’d hate to see him as PM, but the rest of them are even more batshit crazy, gammony and grasping.

Please tell me Tom Tugendhat is at least in the running for being the least worst contender for the mass murder's place at the trough.
Ben Wallace could be good or not as bad as most
Just need Johnson gone

13bogyN.png
This is how they plan to wean the British public off its affection for the NHS. It’s transparent, but I suspect it will play well where it needs to.

This is how they plan to wean the British public off its affection for the NHS. It’s transparent, but I suspect it will play well where it needs to.

Maybe I've got him all wrong. Maybe his plan to fix the NHS is to increase funding, pay nurses properly, renegotiate the crap PFI contracts that are hemorrhaging millions of pounds and stop paying private healthcare giants like Virgin Care billions in public money every year.

Don't you think that would be a massive vote loser for the Tories?

If they called it privatisation absolutely. If they succeed in burying that reality behind fresh wibble then maybe not.

One of the issues here of course is that people tire of language that's been on repeat for decades, so claims of privatisation by the back door or profit motive or whatever start to sound stale and lame and and no longer convince the wavering a speaker has a handle on things. Doesn't help that any reforms will be complex and boring and few people even in government understand how the NHS is run now anyway.

Opponents of this - and other clumsy efforts at strip mining what is left of the things we value, need to find fresh punchy language to knock it on the head with. Given people's day to day experience of privatised railways, utility companies, parking enforcement, fire safety in tall buildings and the sub-Apprentice levels of uselessness in politicians, finding fresh language shouldn't be very hard.

There are countless examples of their uselessness and untrustworthiness from PPE contracts to garden bridges to lorry parks in Kent to smart motorways, care homes, imaginary cross channel ferries, and how long it takes them and how much money it costs to decide whether a party was actually a party and whether or not they were actually at it. Personally I wouldn't let this lot re-organise my sock drawer let alone the most complicated operation in the country upon which all our lives depend.

But merely being right has never been enough to win an argument.

Also beware of the ‘Well, at least he/she isn’t Boris’ mindset. I can recall when pfmers thought that the Tories couldn’t sink any lower than Cameron. Then along came May, another low bar, then Boris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back