advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d urge anyone who’s not seen it to watch. It’s a tour de force- former Attorney General and Chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee describes a sitting British Prime Minister as a ‘serial liar’.

Fill your boots-
https://www.channel4.com/news/pm-is...is-own-behaviour-says-former-attorney-general

It leaves the impression that Johnson’s current Attorney General is not just limited to moral imbecility.

Thanks for that. My favourite Tory.

Thanks for that. My favourite Tory.
Refreshing and surprising to see a non criminal one isn’t it? Of course Johnson made it a priority to get rid of them under the special operation to deremoanify the Party. They were the enemiesofthepeople challenging thewillofthepeople.

Reactions: PsB
Just in case you're still uncertain of how Imperial measurements work.

I, for one, am looking forward to the resurrection of the Shatments.

Refreshing and surprising to see a non criminal one isn’t it? Of course Johnson made it a priority to get rid of them under the special operation to deremoanify the Party. They were the enemiesofthepeople challenging thewillofthepeople.

Yes, Shocking that he could not get re-elected. But it demonstrates he is not what the Tory voters want. Have a feeling they are cheering him on the position he is taking about the parties. It appears rule breakers and serial spoofers are what the electorate want.

Marina Hyde in the Graun:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/31/pounds-ounces-pints-boris-johnson-gibberish

'Speaking of matters domestic, though, let’s turn to accounts of Mr and Mrs Johnson’s “chaotic” stewardship of Chequers, the prime minister’s country retreat. Carrie’s chatelaine skills are called particularly into question, with the Times reporting some kind of character clash with the former housekeeper, which the prime minister’s wife denies. There seem to have been disciplinary proceedings against this housekeeper, though these were subsequently dropped and she left with a payoff and an NDA in 2020. Mesmerisingly, it all seems to have hinged on her alleged “inappropriate handling of a personal item” found in Boris Johnson’s bathroom, which she denied. According to the Times, “the nature of the item is unknown”. So … I’ll leave it with your subconscious.'

Do we think that if Boris loses the next General Election he'll do a Trump and refuse to go, citing 'rigged election'? The way things are going I wouldn't put it past him.

That’s probably the only reason we have a Queen, whose responsibility it is, post-election, to call upon the leader of the largest Party in the Commons to form a Government. If Boris refuses to go, she can have him locked in the Tower.

That’s probably the only reason we have a Queen, whose responsibility it is, post-election, to call upon the leader of the largest Party in the Commons to form a Government. If Boris refuses to go, she can have him locked in the Tower.
House arrest would be more punitive- death by Lulu Lytle.

Forcible relocation to Rwanda gets my vote; preferably with Priti Patel and Nadine Dorries to keep him company on the outward journey.
Nadine visits the camps and proclaims conditions to be excellent, that there’s nothing wrong with being served ostrich anus at the British tax payer’s expense.

Ttt8Ojg.jpg

The betting odds (I used oddschecker) are interesting and suggest Johnson will narrowly go. Very poor odds either way, but typically 13/10 vs. 6/4.

Jeremy Hunt (7/1) most likely successor ahead of Tugendhat (9/1) and Truss (10/1).

Hunt is the worst possible outcome IMHO. I’m not sure most people could tell him and Starmer apart. I’d not blame them as I’m not sure I can either. Two dull grey authoritarian-right white middle-class men in identical corporate suits with a reputation for evading questions and saying nothing.

I sincerely hope Johnson scrapes through any VONC appropriately damaged. It is by far the best outcome.

Reactions: PsB
Good to hear today that the a..wipe pretend Govt are united in their response to the utter chaos visited on potential holiday makers ..

"All the fault of the incompetent travel industry innit"

... at least we are now free to buy absurdly over-powered vacuum cleaners again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back