advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To his supporters, it is just another reason to say, 'Not this again, let's get on with running the country.' It is the fact that he and the Conservative party continue to carry any support whatsoever, after more than a decade of absolute failure, that is the most damning.

I hope Johnson stays and Conservative MPs and the party at large continue to shower themselves in his shit daily. Every day another MP publicly debases themselves on TV justifying his obvious contempt for the rule of law, parliamentary standards and basic honour and decency of public office the better chance we have of hoofing this alt-right Trumpian shit from power next election. I’m actually at the stage where if I lived in a Tory area I’d be writing to my MP demanding they ‘stand firmly behind Boris’.

We must focus on the end goal. As in America there is a very clear fork in the road ahead. The far-right, and we should be in no doubt that is exactly what this is, needs removing by absolutely any method on the table. The longer they are weak and broken the better for us all.

The Treasury’s been ordered to produce cost of living slogans and false promises by Thur to deflect from the Sue Gray report. Operation Airlift Big Dog Out of His Own Mess is underway. It’s time to move on- to the next rug he’s going to shit on.

I hope Johnson stays and Conservative MPs and the party at large continue to shower themselves in his shit daily. Every day another MP publicly debases themselves on TV justifying his obvious contempt for the rule of law, parliamentary standards and basic honour and decency of public office the better chance we have of hoofing this alt-right Trumpian shit from power next election. I’m actually at the stage where if I lived in a Tory area I’d be writing to my MP demanding they ‘stand firmly behind Boris’.

We must focus on the end goal. As in America there is a very clear fork in the road ahead. The far-right, and we should be in no doubt that is exactly what this is, needs removing by absolutely any method on the table. The longer they are weak and broken the better for us all.

In any sane world yes. My worry is that the longer Johnson stays in office, the more awful precedents he sets for future dreadful PMs to exploit and the more conditioned we all become to having a government that believes itself to be above the law.

In any sane world yes. My worry is that the longer Johnson stays in office, the more awful precedents he sets for future dreadful PMs to exploit and the more conditioned we all become to having a government that believes itself to be above the law.

I agree, though the more obviously corrupt and untrustworthy this lot get (assuming it is possible to increase from this baseline) the more chance there is for the next non-Tory government to implement some real reforms in core democracy and accountability. The public appetite will hopefully be there by that point, especially given the economic situation is so grim at present.

There is a huge opportunity for the opposition here, hopefully a coalition, to get behind real reform such PR and also reforming energy etc. The penny needs to drop that our political system is broken and our power costs are set to maybe treble or worse thanks to our deregulated and privatised structures. In France where energy is state controlled, it is capped to 4%. Given a typical household bill may end up £2.8k a year before long this is the best opportunity to make these arguments in generations.

Then there is the overwhelming cruelty and authoritarianism of this alt-right Tory party; the kidnapping and extraordinary rendition of refugees to Rwanda, the institutional racism, misogyny and political bias of the police, the bonfire of our basic human rights and civil liberties, the rank corruption, criminality and theft of our assets etc. There is a lot to fight for but it will need credible leadership and cross-party consensus to achieve. Done right we could ensure there will never be a Tory majority again as at no point in UK history has the country ever voted for one.

Given a typical household bill may end up £2.8k a year before long

this is an absolute nonsense, more than we pay in Switzerland for a 300m2 house including electric car charging and heated swimming pool. And Swiss salaries are more than double the equivalent UK salaries.

Britain is well and truly broken.

The Treasury’s been ordered to produce cost of living slogans and false promises by Thur to deflect from the Sue Gray report. Operation Airlift Big Dog Out of His Own Mess is underway. It’s time to move on- to the next rug he’s going to shit on.

Quite a feat by Laura K. A Panorama pointing to all the carnage, duplicity, lies and betrayal - while still humping his leg in a "unique politician" kind of swoon.

Perhaps Starmer wants out and knows he will be fined. Might be for the best.
Johnson is a black hole, he drags everything in, he debases politics. The more mainstream, half decent ones get covered in his muck spray. Questions must be asked of those that vote for him.

New pictures and content leaked to The Mirror.

The BBC thing managed to be quite damning despite Kunessberg’s apparently undying fawning support for Johnson and comedic desperation to force equivalence with Labour etc. She really is a dreadful journalist.

Quite a feat by Laura K. A Panorama pointing to all the carnage, duplicity, lies and betrayal - while still humping his leg in a "unique politician" kind of swoon.

Panorama… pushed onto BBC2.

I bet Johnson loved every minute of it.

Not so much hard-hitting investigative journalism, more a sixth-form drama project. Complete with background music and arty (aka random & rubbish) camera shots. Laura K cast it as a human interest story with Johnson as our flawed hero (though, of course, Laura K gets the real starring role). Lies are humorous little 'porkies'.

Duncan Smith was cast as the supporting lead. He got the last (but one*) word and got to do the conclusion.

Johnson is the star we are all riveted by.

Laura K got the top political job at the BBC by being a self-confident, establishment kiss a**e. Talent and skill clearly played no part... Absolute s***e.

* Cos of course, Laura gets the real last word.

If they're not from the Sue Grey team, it's would seem that someone, close to the action, has sat on those pictures waiting for the right moment...

Given Johnson is waging war on the civil service with a huge number of job losses promised, and given absolutely everyone has a 4k video camera and high quality still camera in their pocket these days, the prospect for a tidal wave of whistle-blowing is very, very high. I’m sure there will be as many pictures as the press is prepared to pay for, and after that a ton will get dumped on Twitter. I bet Cummings is sitting on some dynamite for the right moment too.

Bullies and thugs like Johnson make endless enemies as they abuse their way through life. There will be so many it would be all but impossible to identify who was leaking as chances are hundreds absolutely detest him for an infinite number of reasons. There are rumours even Carrie Antoinette has done a runner now.

Given Johnson is waging war on the civil service with a huge number of job losses promised, and given absolutely everyone has a 4k video camera and high quality still camera in their pocket these days, the prospect for a tidal wave of whistle-blowing is very, very high. I’m sure there will be as many pictures as the press is prepared to pay for, and after that a ton will get dumped on Twitter.
Yes.
I bet Cummings is sitting on some dynamite for the right moment too.
And yes again.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/you-dont-care-about-this-public-reminded-20220524221365

THE public have been reminded by the Conservatives that they are not the least interested in Partygate and want the government to get on with the job.

After new photos emerged of Boris Johnson at a party which he had explicitly denied was a party, official sources once again advised the electorate how bored they are with the whole thing and how much they want to move on.

A Downing Street insider said: “It hardly needs saying. If anyone knows how uninterested the British public are in all this, it’s the British public. We’ve told them often enough.

[...]

“You’re not bothered about these photos. You probably haven’t even noticed them. And if you have, all they did was remind you of hypocrite Keir Starmer’s Beergate which you’ll never forgive him for.”

Steve Malley of Stoke-on-Trent said: “It’s true, I don’t care. I made up my mind that Johnson can go f**k himself long ago.”

Knowing what we do now about the sexual offences and bizarre behaviour of Tory MPs, their public suggestion that the the deputy leader of the Opposition was ‘displaying herself’ to the Prime Minister in order to distract his mind onto sex, is in itself pathological. That a Prime Minister caught over his own criminal behaviour would go on the parliamentary record baselessly accusing the Labour front bench of drug taking.

It’s identical to Putin’s technique of accusing opponents of preparing to commit the crimes he himself regularly carries out.

A bit historical given current problems for Boris, but apparently he lied about government involvement in the Saudi purchase of Newcastle United. :rolleyes:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover
Boris Johnson’s government worked for months to encourage the Premier League to approve the controversial Saudi Arabia-backed takeover of Newcastle United, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

The extensive efforts to facilitate the deal, led by Johnson’s minister for investment, Lord Gerry Grimstone, were made despite the government, and Johnson, repeatedly saying publicly that they had no involvement in the takeover talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back