advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunak getting ready to make his play as the chosen one , expect more stories to unfold as it looks like others are keen for power now the knives are out for Boris

Leading a nomadic lifestyle about to become illegal and no doubt the majority are glad about it as they see ALL people who do so... but do not have a £70K motor home and also own a house... as scum.

People who believe anyone who lives a travelling lifestyle have human rights almost certainly don't vote tory...

I think you’ll find the vast majority of people, including conservative voters, have no issue with folk who lead an alternative lifestyle. Hell, I quite envy a lot of them. People do have an issue when those leading this lifestyle don’t abide by the laws of the land which the rest of us adhere to, such as trespass. Hence the law requires updating, which I believe was also the case in Ireland.

I think you’ll find the vast majority of people, including conservative voters, have no issue with folk who lead an alternative lifestyle. Hell, I quite envy a lot of them. People do have an issue when those leading this lifestyle don’t abide by the laws of the land which the rest of us adhere to, such as trespass. Hence the law requires updating, which I believe was also the case in Ireland.

That would be the same law that precludes the wealthy from begging and sleeping under bridges? **** the law.

Sunak getting ready to make his play as the chosen one , expect more stories to unfold as it looks like others are keen for power now the knives are out for Boris
This is the interesting question- when does the pretender to the throne decide there’s enough sh1t stuck to Johnson to come out into the open and move against him?
You get the feeling Johnson is just like Trump- utterly shameless and prepared to hunker down even with that Telegraph front page of the Queen sitting on her own at her husband’s funeral as they partied inside No.10 the night before.

This is the interesting question- when does the pretender to the throne decide there’s enough sh1t stuck to Johnson to come out into the open and move against him?

They are mostly cowardly back-stabbing career types so don’t expect anything until sufficient letters have been stuck into the 1922 Committee. I have a feeling the required number will be reached fairly soon. Even the real idiots like Truss are keeping a fairly low profile at this point. Sunak will play a long game and keep right out of the way until the rest have done the dirty work for him.

Interesting....and how about common land, historical stopping places for travellers, public footpaths and rights of way, much of which has been filched from the rest of us by all semi legal to crooked processes from the enclosures down to present day theft by farmers and landowners?

He makes Johnson look competent. Are you enjoying the shit show as much as the rest of us EV? Boris can leave, head held up- “he got Brexit done”.

Unfortunately too many gullible and/or idiotic voters gave him his large majority in December 2019, because he said that he would 'get Brexit done'. A triumph of emotion over intellect.

And look where it's got us.

Agreed.

Due in large part to the nationalists and other idiots who would not vote for the opposition because <insert some reason here that was more important to them than stopping brexit from ‘getting done’>.

He makes Johnson look competent. Are you enjoying the shit show as much as the rest of us EV? Boris can leave, head held up- “he got Brexit done”.

I'm not quite sure that it's the verb I'd use, but yes, it's good to watch Britain's much-maligned democracy doing its thing. Only a few months ago pfm's gloomy 'progressives' were wailing in something almost like harmony that the tories were unassailable. It doesn't look quite so much like that now.

I'm certainly enjoying watching the effect that Johnson’s rapid plummet from from his brief moment as toryism's dodgy golden boy is having on you - you seem frenetically animated even by your own standards. You should be elated, but you seem far too busy being theatrically appalled. Perhaps you're already mourning the loss of your comedy villain No1, not to mention your most mooted imperative for your desire to break the Union.

Judging by the number of posts I suggest the comedy villain #1 is Stinking Farage/Frog Faced Fascist. No wait. What about sweaty Raab? Her Excellency Truss? Maybe Rubber Face Tice or his Brexit Barbie? Lard Frost anyone? The Quiet Man IDS? Hatie Hopkins? Rubber Face Banks? Perhaps they are all joint leaders in the comedy villain contest?

I don’t like any of them either but this sub list of labelling is very revealing.

Oliver Dowden is the one rolled out today to sacrifice any microscopic shred of remaining dignity or integrity he may have for “Big Dog”. An insignificant little man absolutely demolished by Trevor Philips (who lost his daughter during lockdown). Painful to watch.

The Observer quote upthread notes the lack of contrition on the part of those who put Johnson where he is. It is just what the party does, and who they are.

I see nothing to suggest they won’t just do it again. Their choice of leader is decided not on suitability for the role, or talent and merit, but entirely on who will get them re-elected.

The Conservative Party has shown clearly that the interests of itself override those of the nation. I worry, though, that people are apt to forget these insights soon enough.

I think you discount the effect of the obvious unsuitability for the role that was the leading characteristic of the then leader of the opposition. It came down, at least to some degree, to perceived charisma. None at all could be perceived in Jeremiah of Islington.

Indeed. Everyone loves a proven liar and narcissist with a lengthy track record of being sacked. Corbyn turned out to be a prat far out of his depth, but he was never as fundamentally duplicitous, crooked and entitled as Johnson had already been proven to be in past roles.

The front page of today's National gets straight to the point.
_122732565_sundaynationalfrontpage16.1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back