advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from today's Guardian editorial https://www.theguardian.com/comment...an-view-on-the-paterson-case-enough-is-enough
Ultimately this is Mr Johnson’s mess. The prime minister has faced more run-ins with the standards commissioner recently than any other MP. He has been investigated for nine cases of late registration of earnings, one of late registration of an interest in a property and, in July, for inadequately explaining how his Mustique holiday was paid for. Mr Johnson has little love for the commissioner, and there had been several press stories attacking her even before, amid the Tory party’s self-created wreckage, the business secretary said she should consider her position. The origins of the attempted hijacking of the standards system this week go deeper than the Paterson case.

“This sparked an angry reaction from Labour and some Tory MPs, who feared it would look like corruption to voters”.

…look like??

Well, yes. Boris says 'Paid lobbying is wrong'. Paterson received large amounts of money from companies on whose behalf he lobbied. Therefore ...

John Major on his government's sleaze problem compared to the current one. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59188972
"When that happened I set up the Nolan Committee on Standards in Public Life to stop it, which has been a huge success.

"The striking difference is this: in the 1990s I set up a committee to tackle this sort of behaviour.

"Over the last few days we have seen today's government trying to defend this sort of behaviour."

And from today's Observer editorial https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ew-of-no-10-handling-of-owen-paterson-affaair
It takes a certain kind of charlatan, driven chiefly by the desire for power, not the national interest, to embrace this kind of politics as Johnson has done. Since becoming prime minister, he has expelled from his party his colleagues who disagree with him on Brexit, unlawfully shut down parliament to try to force through his Brexit deal against parliamentary opposition, lied about the consequences of the Northern Ireland protocol and has repeatedly threatened to break international agreements to get his way. A disregard for the rules and a lack of probity is not some byproduct of Boris Johnson’s tenure in No 10: it is the defining aspect of his character, his career and his politics.

I have to say I find this quite creepy, like finding Jimmy Savile hanging about a mortuary. He’s out and about again associating himself personally, politically with the NHS vaccine service. I’m not sure I’d want him standing over me while being injected.

More importantly the distant photo op means he’s travelling back by train and will be missing from the anti-sleaze debate in the Commons. Strangely enough he could get back from COP in Glasgow by private jet to have dinner with climate change denier Charles Moore quick enough.

b9iGUXj.jpg

I have to say I find this quite creepy, like finding Jimmy Savile hanging about a mortuary. He’s out and about again associating himself personally, politically with the NHS vaccine service. I’m not sure I’d want him standing over me while being injected.

More importantly the distant photo op means he’s travelling back by train and will be missing from the anti-sleaze debate in the Commons. Strangely enough he could get back from COP in Glasgow by private jet to have dinner with climate change denier Charles Moore quick enough.

b9iGUXj.jpg

His moobs are rather prominent in that picture!

Where is Boris Johnson today, because he ain’t in the Commons for the debate on the Lobbying Row?

b9iGUXj.jpg

I thought he was visiting a tattoo parlour? What should he have inked in? We pay of course, so our shout)

Still, he’s going to COP26 in Glasgow by train tomorrow. Green credentials/ private jet from Glasgow a week ago to dine with right wing pantomime dame / climate denier ‘ Lord ’ Charles Moore. ****ing hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back