advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure even Boris could beat this for pompous delusional self congratulation.
Queen in speech to COP announces Royals saved the planet.

Source of great pride that role my husband played in protecting our planet lives on through our eldest son,’

I'm not sure even Boris could beat this for pompous delusional self congratulation.

Source of great pride that role my husband played in protecting our planet lives on through our eldest son,’

I`m no friend of the Royals and I agree that there is a degree of being on message after the event but to compare it with the lies and misdirection that BoJo spouts as casual daily fare is going a little far I think.

I`m no friend of the Royals and I agree that there is a degree of being on message after the event but to compare it with the lies and misdirection that BoJo spouts as casual daily fare is going a little far I think.
I dont want to derail this thread but I was astounded at that claim "role my husband played in protecting our planet ".

While Philip was instrumental in getting the WWF set up, I can’t help thinking part of his motivation was to ensure a steady supply of wild game for the safari opportunities of future generations. And I don't think he necessarily had photo safaris in mind.

I was at parts of the WWF conference in the Royal Garden Hotel circa 1971 / 2 , Thor Heyerdahl spoke about finding plastic waste in the centre of the Pacific, Prince Bernhard listened attentively and Phil, apparently, dozed.

He was there though.

Maths/arithmetic was never my strong point, so where were the opposition when the Tories lost/missed out on their majority of 80? https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59154221
Prime Minister Boris Johnson backed the proposed shake-up of the rules and ordered his MPs to vote for MP Andrea Leadsom's motion, ensuring it was carried.

However, thirteen Conservatives voted against the amendment, while 98 had no vote recorded - which could either be a deliberate abstention or they could have just not been able to vote.

This is just morbid curiosity but what sort of calculation might Johnson make where it was advantageous to himself to feed Patterson to the dogs? Public outrage? His friendly press turning on his lack of judgement?

This is just morbid curiosity but what sort of calculation might Johnson make where it was advantageous to himself to feed Patterson to the dogs? Public outrage? His friendly press turning on his lack of judgement?

Not the press but his own party. The MPs who didn't agree with him would kick off making the usually well hidden division and infighting in the party not so well hidden. The Men in the Grey Suits pop in to see the leader, telling him he needs to go for the sake of maintaining the façade of party unity (which is always the most important thing) and the leader no longer gets to do his dream job, the thing he waited all his life to do, and has no opportunity to leave his Churchillian legacy and history will not be kind to him with Covid, Brexit and a host of other things and he is terrified of that.

Not the press but his own party. The MPs who didn't agree with him would kick off making the usually well hidden division and infighting in the party not so well hidden. The Men in the Grey Suits pop in to see the leader, telling him he needs to go for the sake of maintaining the façade of party unity (which is always the most important thing) and the leader no longer gets to do his dream job, the thing he waited all his life to do, and has no opportunity to leave his Churchillian legacy and history will not be kind to him with Covid, Brexit and a host of other things and he is terrified of that.
This.
Also I suspect that Patterson is threatening a by election if he is not backed. In the current climate this could go either way.

Johnson seems to be untouchable from the vast majority of people who think he is doing a good job !?*
I'm sure it would play better to throw Patterson to the wolves
That U turn could be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back