1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A Thread for New Jazz

Discussion in 'music' started by kjb, Feb 6, 2016.

1. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

The Comet Is Coming - Margate December 7

2. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

I'm hoping to see Cecile McLoren Salvant at the Barbican although the best tickets have gone.

3. Thinkfloyd

Thinkfloyd pfm Member

Hoping to go see Airelle Besson in Dublin this month.

4. heihei

heihei pfm Member

Heard these guys at Latitude on the recommendation of my 12-year-old son, and they were incredible. They had the tent bouncing late on the Sunday night.

5. guey

guey pfm Member

6. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Anyone else a bit underwhelmed by the Nerija album? Should have been a 'must have' release but it just feels really lightweight to me.

7. Engels

Engels pfm Member

8. guey

guey pfm Member

We went to see Snapped Ankles last night, and the support band, Lunch Money Life, kinda fit in this thread.
    Their bandcamp page has got some stuff on; but live they were quite a blast. Their sax/keyboard/live looping fella was really into it; and they were all pretty tight.

eta - produced by Danalogue of The Comet Is Coming, which might give you some idea

9. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

10. molee

molee pfm Member

Yaz Ahmed plays St John the Evangelist in Oxford next month. A great venue where if you don't like the music you can stare at the ceiling (or, indeed, say a few prayers). New album too https://yazzahmed.bandcamp.com . No idea how to do the Youtube video thing.

11. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

Here you go:

12. Theo

Theo pfm Member

13. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

14. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Wow! There's some really good stuff on - I had no idea the Cambridge festival was that big.

15. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm member

New quartet album from French clarinettist Louis Sclavis. Quite doleful but does find it's groove.

droodzilla likes this.
  16. kjb

kjb pfm Member

17. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm member

I'm without my t/t at the moment so reduced to browsing. Came across this and was completely blown away.

18. kjb

kjb pfm Member

I've been enjoying Common Practice by the Ethan Iverson Quartet with Tom Harrell. More straight ahead jazz that Iverson's stuff with The Bad Plus but rather lovely and a a really nice recording.

A little taster here. Always good to see someone playing the trumpet in an anorak.

Kevin

Alex S likes this.
  19. Lliure

Lliure Active Member

I just found this - an outstanding album! Possibly my fave new release of 2019.

darrenyeats and paulfromcamden like this.
  20. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I've been playing the Binker Golding LP a lot too :)

darrenyeats likes this.