advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Anyone else know about potential MoFi OneStep issue of Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water? Currently available at £109, but release date not known, in the next 3 - 12 months.
Ahh, it's been in the offing for some time apparently, according to Steve Hoffman forum. Classic Records did a 45rpm issue, but its $212 on Discogs, so MoFi version seems a bargain, relatively speaking.

False alarm, say MoFi, but watch this space.

Arrived today and it's great, best Hare Krishna album ever. Also sounds wonderful.

BUT I think there are a couple of pressing flaws. If anyone else gets it (and why wouldn't you?) please let me know if you get nasty sounds on the final track and on side 2 track 1.

A doublepack 12" of remixes of Yello's Frautonium is due out mid June.
Four remixes by Andrew Weatherall, and an ambient rework by Ian Tregoning.
Limited to a 1000 copies, and seemingly only available from independent online retailers (I've preordered from Phonica; Juno will also be getting it in).

It won't be coming out digitally apparently, which is why I've crumbled and bought the vinyl.

Is there no love here for the most influential and best album ever made, lets face it guys without this. rock, pop etc as we know it would not exist.:cool:
I think you will find there is big love for the Beatles and Sgt Pepper everywhere on planet.
Im a bit of a completest when it comes to the Beatles so have ordered the 50th.
Im looking forward to the studio tracks Giles Martin has given the Naked treatment after hearing some on the radio last week. :cool:

Is there no love here for the most influential and best album ever made, lets face it guys without this. rock, pop etc as we know it would not exist.:cool:

Nope....I don't mind if I am out somewhere and hear it or parts thereof.....I'd never play it at home though and doubt I'd be able to stomach the whole thing in one sitting.

Such venom :rolleyes:
Is that for all Beatles albums or just Sgt Peppers ?

LOL hardly venom....I don't mind hearing beatles tunes at all and recognise their input to the world of music. They are and have always been a world outside my own listening sphere....some cracking pop tunes but I'd not go out of my way to play them!

I kind of mentally file them in the same dark box as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Van Mogadon ;)

LOL hardly venom....I don't mind hearing beatles tunes at all and recognise their input to the world of music. They are and have always been a world outside my own listening sphere....some cracking pop tunes but I'd not go out of my way to play them!

I kind of mentally file them in the same dark box as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Van Mogadon ;)

Very wise, very wise, precisely my sentiments :)

They should have company from The Stones and a few others too.

Anyone else know about potential MoFi OneStep issue of Simon and Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water? Currently available at £109, but release date not known, in the next 3 - 12 months.
Ahh, it's been in the offing for some time apparently, according to Steve Hoffman forum. Classic Records did a 45rpm issue, but its $212 on Discogs, so MoFi version seems a bargain, relatively speaking.

False alarm, say MoFi, but watch this space.

fall 2017

http://www.mofi.com/product_p/mfsl45ud1s-003.htm

Thanks, daytona600, and although that link's for Donald Fagen, it prompted me to sign up for the MoFi newsletter, so I should see the announcement of S&G issue.

advertisement

Back